Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
21-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #11

Re: What a week, what a week...

oh my! Poor you Elaine, horrible situation to deal with RIP Pandora

And I was about to give you the corn tip for the chook when I saw you had already sussed . Corn is always my secret weapon when it comes to giving them anything.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #12

Pleased to see you back Elaine. But what a week indeed, medicating a chicken - can I ask do you find these people on the odd pets website?????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #13

Oh Elaine, what a terrible week for you. So sorry about the poor cat, at least you were there for her, but a nightmare for you. Hope next week is better.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
21-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #14

yikes, how horrible for you and the kitty, but at least you were with her. i think you need to pop your feet up and relax for the next week!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
22-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #15

Sorry you had such a bad week Elaine.
We lost Mustard to a thrombosis and it came on in half an hour. He was already brain damaged but it is supposed to be painful, poor Mustard couldn't react as a normal cat so there was no thrashing around in pain, although it was still extremely distressing. Our vets recommend PTS straight away, some cats can recover but most then go on to have another episode, and it is a long, painful road to recovery.

Sorry you had to see something like it, it is generally more common in cats with heart failure, so I have concerns about Fluffy. Mustard had a heart murmur but was also on steroids which can put cat with murmurs into heart failure. We had no choice, given his condition but this is why we want to avoid Candy going on then for her IBD.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #16

Kazz, I think these people find me, I must have a neon light above my head or something.

Oh Farthing please dont be telling me that she was in tremendous pain, I keep thinking about how long the poor kitty may have been lying there before I arrived. Not beating myself up or anything, I think it's just natural for anyone in these situations to run through all the mental images and wonder how long the kitty had been in such distress etc.
The vet did say that she had a heart murmur for a few years now, which the owners hadnt mentioned, not that it makes any difference if they had or not.
Anyway I have washed all Pandoras things and left them sitting neat and tidy, washed the throw and cleaned up as best I can. Pandora is to be cremated, just hope the chicken stays well until they get home on Tuesday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
22-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #17

Sorry Elaine, but at least be grateful you found her when you did.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 X Shorthair non pedigrees
22-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #18

Oh what an awful time for you, hope you are ok x