Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #11

Re: Eating Habits...

2 pairs of socks and woolly slippers here!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
01-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #12

Tiger eats some food and then tries to hide what's left over! He has a mat which his bowl sits on to catch the spills but also to protect the carpet from his scratching

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #13

As I mentioned I've always used plates, and have picked up a very nice assortment over the years at flea markets/yard sales. Some are quite posh - bone china!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
As I mentioned I've always used plates, and have picked up a very nice assortment over the years at flea markets/yard sales. Some are quite posh - bone china!
Perhaps I should try Cleo with bone china- she may be objecting to the tacky plastic!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #15

Weird thing with Cloud is that there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to how she eats. Sometimes it all comes from the bowl, other times the first mouthful and select others are scattered and then eaten. This time she dropped one bit of dried food on the table and ate that, took the next mouthful from the bowl, and I think only did the same as the first with another cause I distracted her!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
01-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #16

Mostly ours eat from their bowls or each others However sometimes Amber lifts food out to eat beside the bowl. They have a plastic bowl each for dry food & ceramic bowl for wet, its the latter Amber would take out of.

Pic below of said dishes & yes Tim does have dry kibble from a pink dish

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #17

Glad to see you don't stereotype Helen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #18

Isn't it interesting as to all their little habits and eccentricities? Both mine leave a disaster zone after they've ate their wet food and sometimes there is more dry outside the dry food dish than left in it.

I do agree with DM that sometimes a flat dish is a good idea. My Misty and Sid both ate well from a flat dish.

I did try that with mine - it was just easier for them to push it out of the dish. Never thought about scent in the bowl, I tend to put them in the dishwasher and that can leave a nice lemony smell - perhaps not appreciated by Izzi and Breagh though. I may try hand washing see if that helps.

As you say if you're not overly bothered then no big deal, but this has turned into quite an interesting thread.