Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
02-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #11

Re: Would a cat freeze to Death?

Quote:
Originally Posted by farthing
What a sad story, I can't believe this would be left to happen. A cat is probably more likely to die of hypothermia than lifestock or a dog, if it can find no shelter because it has a large surface area to volume so will suffer from heat loss more quickly than a larger animal. She should be reported, even if nothing happens hopefully a warning will hopefully give her a fright and make her care for/ rehome the other one. There is no way a 2 year old cat should be dying outside in this weather- its disgraceful.
Totally agree.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
02-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #12

Re: Would a cat freeze to Death?

Yes I was speechless when I heard this - my friend was not even sure what they did with the cats body as they asked her what they could do and if the vets would be expensive to dispose of the body - but the ground was frozen solid so burying seemed out of the question. She had the 2 kittens, then fell pregnant and then lost all interest in the cats. She s now pregnant again due shortly and just does the necessary. I hope this has bought her to her senses (my friend has the other one in as he is the outgoing one but I think the other one was too timid) - I cant believe people s ignorance either as I also don t let my cats into my conservatory when its cold!! Poor little thing, he was on my mind all day. Jan x