Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #11

Re: Working together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Yes they can do. This morning bit of mums toast got under her chair. Harvey tried getting it out with his paw to no avail. Harv doesnt give up - lol. Timmy was on the cat stand idily washing himself. After a few minutes he stretched, got down to the floor & came over to Harv, then with a deft left hook under the chair, out shot the bit of toast - which Katie promptly ate!!!!!

Years ago there was an older dog lived near one of my cousins. This particular day he was attacked by a much larger aggressive dog, dobe x that had got out by accident. The older dog was coming off very much the worst. The noise had brought several neighbours out. Just out of nowhere the cat that lived with the older dog appeared. It lept onto the aggressors back & started to tear the dogs back & head with its claws. It made the dobex break off its attack. It was undoubtedly the actions of
the cat that saved the older dog.
What a lovely story

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
31-12-2010, 07:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
What a lovely story
Its amazing the bond some animals have. To all intents & purposes there are the kittens & dogs here, yet if one of the kittens is out of sight for too long one of the dogs (99% of the time, Harvey) will go check where they are.

Katie does not bother that much & she was petrified of Tim when younger as he nipped & scratched a lot. I had got a collar for Tim but he got his foot stuck in under it so i sent away for a specially made one. It seemed better. Just in case he got out by accident. I was at work this particular day & mum said Katie kept coming up to her nosing her. Mum thought Katie just wanted fussed. After a bit Katie came to mum again & barked (Katie rarely barks) & ran into the living room. Mum followed & there was baby Tim with his foot/leg caught in the collar half strangled. The quick release catch hadnt worked! Nor could mum get it pulled open or released. She had to cut the collar off with scissors which was hard enough with a very frightened kitten. Ive never put a collar on him since that day.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
01-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #13

I am fully convinced that cats and dogs can communicate with each other, and do work together. Usually this involves food in my house.

Moxie can nose open the trash can lid so the cats can fish out the old cat food cans for all to enjoy. Or Ninja can open the top cabinet to knock the treats out on the floor for all to enjoy. They are in cahoots! I tell ya!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
01-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #14

just to let u know the dogs been fine,since his pigging out on a chocolate orange he knicked no ill effects from it AT ALL anymore

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #15

Good news! He was very lucky not to become very very ill or worse.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
01-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #16

he was sick and had the skits but thats been it since

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki71uk
just to let u know the dogs been fine,since his pigging out on a chocolate orange he knicked no ill effects from it AT ALL anymore
Glad he's ok, the naughty boy.
Thanks for the update