Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
16-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #11

Re: I knew he was a "wrong 'un"

Well thats great news Mrs H!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
It looks as though it's going to be front page in tomorrow's local paper under the headline Untrained Dog Handler Lied About Celeb Endorsements At least a lot of local people will now be aware of him. A shame that the headline focuses on the celebrities whose names he used rather than on his abuse of the dogs, but that's the nature of journalism I suppose

I don't think very many people actually buy the local paper any more but with them running the story it should mean that it'll also be carried by the local freebie which gets delivered to every house! The man is toast!
Maybe you should quickly get in touch and explain how you ran into him? From my experience, local papers like any additional 'local' verification of a story they can get. Also, is you paper online? On of our Reading ones has a very high readership via its website and if they DO have a website the readership may be wider than you imagine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #13

I think the paper already has a good story on him Yola, I only ran into him in a very minor way when he criticised my lead-training of Morgan. I didn't like his assertive manner and when I said I hadn't asked for his help he went off mimicking what I'd said in a smirky, nasty way. Just glad he's been rumbled, he was obviously a lot nastier than I realised at the time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
It looks as though it's going to be front page in tomorrow's local paper under the headline Untrained Dog Handler Lied About Celeb Endorsements At least a lot of local people will now be aware of him. A shame that the headline focuses on the celebrities whose names he used rather than on his abuse of the dogs, but that's the nature of journalism I suppose

I don't think very many people actually buy the local paper any more but with them running the story it should mean that it'll also be carried by the local freebie which gets delivered to every house! The man is toast!
Pleased to hear it. Sometimes it beggars belief that people are gullible enough but the human race does have a "pack mentality" where you don't like to be the one who steps up and speaks out.

Glad his story will be run for for all to see.