Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
26-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #11

Re: Heat seeking cats vs ......

I knew I'd seen a thread about this somewhere!

Have recently realised Cloud is far more of a keep me cool cat than otherwise. She doesn't really seem to be inclined towards areas which would give her extra warmth, be they cat beds of similar. Only exceptions to that would be my dressing gown, or sleeping on me at night - and even at that I'm convinced that heat is one of the things which means she'll move off.

Recently, with the warmer weather, I've noticed that she's more of a tendency to go out into the hall, bathroom or even down to the front door (coldest spot in the house) if I've got the heating on.

I did wonder at first if it was a sign she was more ready to think about exploring the world outside, but she still shows nervousness when I open the door - and when things come through the door (aka the posty delivers something). Then I noticed the cool breeze there.

She wasn't in the lounge at all this morning, but now I've turned the heating off and it's not so warm, she's asleep up on top of one of the couches.

She does luxuriate in sun patches when we get them, but that's pretty well it when it comes to heat seeking...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #12

Thanks for revisiting this thread Squirrel - it seems that my Pip and your Cloud, Dylan and Mittens are the only ones who prefer to be cool cats!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
26-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #13

Oliver is a heat seeker. If I have any clothes drying on the radiator he will lie on them. If theres nothing on it, he lies across the top of the couch with his legs stretched out towards it, heating his toes! lol