Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #11

Re: Spooky Sunday- Happy Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Harley turned up for a very late breakfast at 1.20. Just a hard night out on the tiles I suppose. He seems very well.

(Just in case you were worried!)
Always worried, can you not lock him in the shed or garage on bonfire night?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
31-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #12

Sorry folks! Halloween does nothing for me can't stand trick or treaters, it might be a different matter if it was youngsters getting dressed up, making a real effort etc, but all we see around here are teenagers with a bit of face paint, being really rather threatening. One year my husband opened the door when the doorbell rang and before he knew what was happening he had an egg thrown directly at his head, no words, nobody on the doorstep, just a group of lads who thought it hilarious at the far end of the drive They then threw eggs and flour onto my car

No thanks!! Hopefully today's rain will deter any and all around here, they'd better not touch that new car on the drive Bah, Humbug!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #13

Hi all, hope some got a chance to sleep in for the extra hour. Sunny chilly and not as windy this morning: 13 C (55 F). I did have a lie-in as I shopped yesterday for today: favorite dinner of crab cake, fresh spinach and curried potatoes tonight. Not expecting many trick-or-treaters, there aren't too many young children in the neighborhood these days. Hallowe'en fireworks aren't a custom here, thank goodness.

PL, sorry the baby hasn't turned; Angie, good that Harley showed up finally; I too am sending get well soon vibes to the prospective adopter. Kazz, think we should have pics of your decorating! PP, ham and coke sound rather weird, be interested in how it turns out. Thinking of Fifi and Tabatha today ...

Hope it's a pleasant day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
31-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #14

BOO!

Afternoon all - I have ben out in garden all day. Weather is glorious, so I managed to clear up a good bit of the mess left by the house painters and get my tubs and things back against the house. The guys did a great job but were not the best at tidying up after themselves.

PP - Cali was up literally at the crack of dawn today - so were we! Glad I'm not the only one

Hope Darcy is ok PL, shame baby hasn't turned but at least you can plan, knowing it'll be no later than.

EmmaG - Jamie Oliver did a lovely Stifado recipe, I have it marked to try.

Kazz - I had to laugh at you sitting getting tucked in to a bag of body parts!

Never had Pumpkin soup Shelley - hope you enjoy.

Angie - hope MIL settles to give you both a bit of respite. It is so hard living with Dementia. My Gran had it and it was just terrible for all concerned. Glad Harley appeared - it is a worry when you don't know where they go.

PP - ham and coke? You must let us know how it tasted. I have a recipe which calls for marinading chicken in 7 up - it is good.

MrsH - hope your night goes without incident.

DM - Crab Cake - yum yum. - enjoy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Harley turned up for a very late breakfast at 1.20. Just a hard night out on the tiles I suppose. He seems very well.

(Just in case you were worried!)
That's a relief Angie, thanks for letting us know

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #16

Right decorations are up and main assistant although this year I was assistant and he the planner "Lewis" has gone home to have his tea then get ready to trick or treat....I will take a picture or two when it gets a little darker.

We get mainly little children with parents around here, and the odd group of lads but nothing horrible at all and no egg throwing...............mind you I would lob them back.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
31-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #17

Morning, all. It's 11:30 am , early Halloween day here
I'm having some chocolate for breakfast...got to get into the spirit, right?
The number of trick or treaters we get I can usually count on one hand..last year the grand total was TWO, lol. People in this area have been taking their kids to shopping plazas since Friday night (some disagree about celebrating Halloween on a Sunday) and so I don't expect it to be busy at all.
When I was a kid we had little brats that came by to egg our house and smash our pumpkins. That is why I usually keep the pumpkin inside now for my own enjoyment
Still got to get to carving that today!!
Kitties being naughty and knocking things over and mock fighting, lol. Wonder if they will pose with the pumpkin for me later on?
Going to hide inside today and celebrate privately at home. Too many drunk people on this holiday which I don't find fun. Maybe I will rewatch Nightmare Before Christmas. Always a good day for Tim Burton movies
Have a good one, all!