Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #11

Re: Bright and breezy Sunday

Oh well done, Alex!! Terrific weight loss, you must be proud of yourself!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
10-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #12

Emma, I forgot to tell you that your recent pics inspired me the other night to make cakes and K was very thankful to you
So guess what happened last night--Hestia got out (everything's fine, she's back). I noticed she'd tried to dash the day before but I lured her in with treats but last night I had a bag of trash I was taking out and did not notice her and she got right by me again! So I went out with her fave treats to tempt her back to me and do you know she would not come to me even for her most favorite treats? She made a mad dash and I was so upset with her. It was raining very badly and I couldn't fathom why she would want to go out in that. Several hours later she came back--drenched to the skin. Honestly, it looked as if she had just stood in the rain rather than take shelter--that girl!! Strolled in looking very pleased with herself and stretched out for a long leisurely bath on the couch. I can not believe her!!
To her credit, shortly after her return, a windstorm started and went on all night very strong so I was ever so grateful at least she had come home before that.
K said he has seen cats gathering in our neighbors yard late at night as if they are having a conference lately..all standing in a circle like they are talking to one another. Must have been an urgent meeting last night and they let Hestia know she must attend no matter the cost, I guess
I was going to cook last night but we got pizza instead and watched a movie. Cats very affectionate last night and this morning. Solomon even curled up on me on the couch for a nap for two hours and only got up because I was getting a cramp in that position I do hope he'll make that a habit as Kuan Yin is not much for cuddling; Hestia is but she's getting on in years so I very much would like Solomon to be a cuddler I can count on for the future
A bit of online shopping and reading and spending time around the house today. I hope you all have/had a good one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #13

Hi all - just a quick hello from me tonight. I am here and my back is ok-ish.

We have ANOTHER B&W cat coming to visit. Son of Harley perhaps? This one is quite young, skittish and must have oriental in his (??) genes - very angular and a pointy face. NO! He is not being fed ....................... not yet anyway.

Harley is doing very well even though he is living outdoors. He has put on weight and is in good condition. I gave him his Advocate spot on today. He has become a very good looking boy.

Catsey Veteran

10-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #14

Oh my, Tink, sounds as if you have a cat coven in your yard!! With Hallowe'en coming they must be planning something.... watch out!

Seriously glad the old girl came in, And nice that Solomon is a snuggler; Leia isn't much of a lap cat .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #15

That sounds amazing Tink ................. cats' coven as Eileen suggests perhaps? Spooky!

Catsey Veteran

10-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #16

Angie, sounds as if you're becoming a magnet house for strays, like Carolyn!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #17

so glad Hestia came home Tink, little minx

Thanks guys Very pleased with myself tbh. When I was at the docs before the summer, I mentioned my weight worries to him, so he referred me to a scheme run by the local health authority called Why Weight? it offers you one to one with a food counsellor to talk about why you are overweight etc, and you see them once every 3 weeks for 12 weeks, then you can go for weigh ins after that.
It's been great 'cause it made me examine my eating habits and realise I was eating at bad times, drinking too much pop and eating too much junk without realising it. So now I have cut down on things like crisps, but if I get a real craving for them I can have them, as denying yourself makes it worse. Swapping chips for potatoes, looking at the calorie content in ready meals etc and just generally being more aware of what I'm eating

Catsey Veteran

10-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #18

Yes, it is very spooky. I'd be tempted to document it but they might make me pay!
Angie, so glad to hear Harley is getting on well and I am very curious what this new cat looks like with the angular face..perhaps sneak a camera with you next time you see him?
Eileen, are you very sure Leia would not allow a sibling? Even if it was young and male maybe? Would be nice to have someone to snuggle with

Catsey Veteran

10-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #19

I'm very tempted, Tink; she got along fine with Dandy (who loved everyone) and Patches tolerated her, they were never buddies. But she was introduced as a kitten to two adults. And the way she yowls and carries on when she sees another cat in her yard when she's on the porch, and the violent way she reacted the time Onyx came in, I am hesitant .....

Catsey Veteran

10-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #20

Ahh, I see. Woudn't it be nice if you could borrow a wee kitten for a trial period? I wonder if it was young enough, she would be okay since it wouldn't be as threatening? And, yes, I'm a horrible influence and feel free to tell me to shut up at anytime