Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #11

Re: Tuesday troubles

hehe i know i'm terrible about that. just ate some tortillas with butter as there weren't too many options for brunch
i hope k takes us to the vet for solomon because he really does enjoy his truck for some reason. especially when it's just Him with his mum and dad, as then he gets to wander freely and stretch out on the backseat

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #12

Another cat that loves car/truck rides ... Dandy liked few things better than going for a ride. He was never in the carrier, just the harness. Does Solomon stick his head out the window like a dog does? Dandy did.

Catsey Veteran

17-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #13

i was nervous to let him try that so we had the windows up and the a/c on and he DID sit on my lap and look out the window at everything going by. i'm sure if i gave him the option he would have
he also likes to sit in the middle console between me and K and look ahead. we must look funny to passerby

Catsey Veteran

17-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #14

Dandy used to embarrass me ... we'd be out walking and when someone pulled up and parked, he's make a mad dash to the car and try to get in...I had to explain that I had a weird cat who liked car rides!~!

Catsey Veteran

17-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #15

lol! well i'm sure you had many a conversation with strangers you never would have without him
by the way, Solomon has taken to shredding newspapers and chewing cardboard boxes. He also likes tennis balls. I think he's a dog.

Catsey Veteran

17-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #16

Well, he's mostly Siamese, and they do tend to be a bit dog-like in some ways!

When Dandy was at the cat show, two young men cane up and were admiring him; one said they'd only seen one other Pura that once had tried to get in their car. I asked if that was about a year ago on 38th Street in Washington, and it was~! So they met him twice.... small world.

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2010, 01:46 AM   #17

about Dandy.
Just back from the vet, Solomon did well but was very talkative in an indignant kind of way on the trip there and home. Finally figured it out when I set him loose at home and he ran towards Kuan Yin and rubbed his face all over hers and started grooming her. I guess he missed her

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2010, 02:17 AM   #18

Oh bless, I do love that boy! Such personality. I can't decide if he thinks she's a surrogate mum or his big sister, but they are a pair. And he must not have had the dreaded vet smell or she would have whomped him...

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2010, 02:30 AM   #19

Nope This visit was in and out, very quick. Even the vet had me hold him so there was barely even any touching. God forbid if he got any of those doctor smells on him
I was surprised how he was carrying on vocally. Never occured to me that he and Kuan Yin are Not Allowed to be seperated anymore
I think he hasn't figured it out either as he has put his head onto Mau's tummy before and it almost looked like he was trying to nurse but then she let him have it, did not approve of that at all so I think in the end it's going to be a big sister thing. When we first got him, he would copy and mimic everything she did. She's on the window sill, he must sit just like she is on the sill. She's staring at something across the room, he must stare that way. I could tell he was trying to copy her because he'd keep checking back to see if he was doing it right