Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #11

Re: Monday Monday . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
not much going on here today.
the fair is here this week. i kind of want to go but i'm not sure if i can talk k into it. electric wheelchair rental is $25 a day...hmmm. we really need to get him his own scooter soon. the ones offered at stores are never charged fully and the cane only gets him so far before he needs to sit.
86 degrees, it's supposed to be cooler today, we'll see
have a good one, all
Tink, take a look at this site. They advertise very heavily on TV here; supposedly with a Dr's prescription Medicare will pay for it. Worth checking out.

http://www.hoveround.com/

They also say that if they approve you and Medicare denies the claim, it's free! I wonder about that, but might be worth a try

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #12

Hi CM - glad you had a good time. Welcome back!

A mobility scooter would really improve things for K, wouldn't it Tink? You'd both be able to get out more. A woman who is sometimes at the gym has one - her major problem is loading and unloading it from her car. It's no light weight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-08-2010, 11:05 PM   #13

i have been trying to remember the name of that eileen, thanks so much. we don't have tv anymore so i no longer see commercials and couldn't recall! i'll have k take a look when he wakes up. it sure would be nice. we haven't been able to walk the dogs properly since he lost mobility and i know he really misses that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #14

Oh I'm so glad I posted that link then, Tink! Don't know if it will help, but worth looking into.