Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
11-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #11

Re: Healing vibes needed please

Poor dog and owners, but I really feel for you Elaine, something like that happening when you are looking after them. I am sure your quick actions saved him. Lots of healing vibes being sent and a (((hug))) for you. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #12

Probably pet sitter's worst nightmare I hope the doggy recovers and that the owners are able to complete their holiday safe in the knowledge that you're in control of things at home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #13

No real change in her condition since I posted, dont know how long you should wait to see any change...
The vets had her out for a pee, she walked by herself, favouring to the left a little and was a bit ridgid in her movements but then she can sometimes look quite ridgid when walking, so not sure if they think that's a bad thing or not as they dont know her being that they are the oncall vets.
Will just have to wait and hope she improves.
The owners, understandably, are quite distraught, not sure if they will try to make arrangements to get home earlier or not.

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #14

Just reading u on canine strokes and came across something called canine vestibular syndrome and am wondering if this might be the case with Missy. It is a condition which has all the symptoms of a stroke but is actually caused by the inflamation of the nerves in the inner ear. Missy has always been bothered with her ears.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #15

Is that treatable and/or less serious than a stroke, Elaine?

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #16

Both are treatable but it's a case of finding the underlying causes and how well she responds I guess, it just made a little more sense that it might be the ear thing as she always has bother with her ears and therefore might seem a little less frightening for the owners if you know what i mean....
I dunno, you know how i get sucked into wanting know all the answers etc, have mentioned it to the son of the owners and suggested he discuss it with the vet when he next calls for an update.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #17

I understand about what you mean wanting to know. It's not as scary or intimidating if you something about it. I'm sure the son was grateful for the suggestion; may not be it, but shows how caring and conscientious you are.

Don't floppy eared dogs tend to have more ear problems than those with pointy ears?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #18

Inner ear problems . . . balance and all that - tell me about it! I have suffered with bouts of vertigo for years; sometimes once or twice every 2 months or so (thankfully not for a while though). It is very debilitating and can mimic some symptoms of stroke (loss of co-ordination, speech, balance etc).

I hope this is the case with Missy -and tablets can reduce the effects . . . I hope it is not a full-on stroke. Have they carried out a brain scan on her nad if not, do they intend to?

Catsey Veteran

12-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #19

I dont really know what's all being done as the son is dealing with it all and I suspect that he doesnt fully understand what's going on and what questions to ask etc, which is why I am keeping close contact ad trying to prompt him.
I cannt interfere too much as he has signed the consent forms therefore the vets wont realy discuss it with me. Am waiting for an update.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
12-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #20

I'm sure the son of the family will appreciate your experience and advice Elaine. Are you able to accompany him on vet visits etc? you could have direct input then. Healing vibes for the spaniel being sent from me down here. And consolation hugs for you too, hen. XXX