Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #11

Re: A long night with Spice.

I hope Spice is still doing better ... you do an amazing job looking after all your special animals x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #12

Sorry to hear about Spice, Farthing. I hope she stays comfortable xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #13

I'm hoping Spice has stabilised for the time being. You are so in tune with your animals that it heartwarming to read that Spice is being carefully observed and monitored.

It would be lovely to read that she's picked up again and can continue for a while longer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
20-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #14

Thanks Yola.
My biggest fear is that I miss something. I am all too aware that with the number of animals we have it is a possiblity.

I am not convinced Spice is 'right', so I think I will nip her into the vet tomorrow for bloods, just to know what kind of state her kidneys are in. I fear the worst and hope I'm wrong. However if the time has come, it has come and I don't want things to drag on for her. We have had a good few extra months and I wouldn't let her suffer now, she is still eating well, and I do think she may just have had a fall but the bloods will let me know how good/ bad things are.

I would love for her to carry on, we have had her for nearly 4 years and she has become so much part of the family, but because of our love for her we won't let her suffer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #15

I hope Spice's vet visit goes well farthing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #16

Fingers crossed for good blood results ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
21-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #17

Doesn't look like it will be good news with Spicey's vet visit. Her teeth are worse and the vet thinks it is due to her deteriorating kidneys, she also looks to be anaemic. We will get the results tomorrow, but I fear that they will not be good. The fact that she is eating is good, and if her kidneys are really bad, I will put her onto metacam for her last time with us- it should reduce the inflammation on her gums and give pain relief.

I kind of knew it wouldn't be good, but when the vet says it, its for real. So although it may not be as bad as I fear, I still think I will have the final descision to make very soon and its a very painful thought.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #18

I'm so sorry, farthing. Never easy, but you'll do what's best for Spice. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #19

I'm very sorry to hear this farthing, your right it is so painfull.My thoughts are with you.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggie
21-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #20

Sorry to hear about spice, the metacam should make her more comfortable. Its always painfull even when we think we can prepare ourselves.