Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #11

Re: Easter Saturday...

Thanks, Yola; Henley is the only boat race in the UK that I know of; wild guess, as I'd say in the quiz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #12

Happy Easter all, what a busy lot you all are.
Sorry to hear your OH's mum isn't well Yola, hope she's ok.
Did you enjoy watching the boat race Kazz?
Not a bad day weather wise for us today. My eldest son, Chris and my self went to the vilunteer day at the local nature reserve, today we were washing down benches and signs, the helping to weave a sort of retaining fence of willow wands around the waters edge.
This afternoon we took Malaika out to the petshop where she recieved lots of fuss and attention, we then had a walk around the dock, finishing with a drink outside a pub.
We're all quite tired now, so a nice relaxing night watching tv.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #13

Oxford were robbed...............

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #14

But on a lighter note managed to get the pots I wanted into the front garden we are on a make do and mend senario at the moment with the garden not enough time to strip and start again so make do and mend......will snap a few pics tomorrow. Hope it will meet with approval have to say the big pots about 2ft high, wide and deep are darned heavy mind you they are terracotta.... wheely trolly came in handy.....

I am quite pleased with it blue and terrecotta pots out the front. Black are staying in the back.

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Good afternoon and a Happy Easter to all. I feel terrible because I forgot about the 'no meat on Good Friday' rule which I was brought up with and had a roast dinner yesterday
I had lemon sole yesterday, I was going to mention it when I posted but everyone appeared to be having meat and thought best to keep quiet. Feel guilty now for not saying

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #16

We had baked salmon yesterday ..............

Made up for it tonight with a home boiled gammon, broad beans and parsley sauce with ............... chips!!! Don't feel too guilty as we had boiled pots last night. That gammon was the best - a bit dear from the happy pig butcher shop, but well worth it.

Roast pork tomorrow ................ I can feel an "OINK" coming on!

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #17

Having turkey tomorrow....can't wait. Then turkey salad and maybe a sarnie or two in the evening. Treated like Christmas day here food wise....even when I am at work as I normally am.
Also Easter Monday is similar to Boxing day..... nice full english breakkie mid morning(lovely bacon - flat mushrooms - sausage - fresh toms and free range eggs brought) and then turkey and chips for dinner maybe the remainder for sarnies....late supper.

Maybe going to a car boot sale tomorrow/Monday looking for dvd's to watch post Op.

Would love to getback into the garden too....

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #18

Yes, I agree about Easter Monday full breakfast! We will be having that here too - bought some nice black pudding today.

I need to go to the garden centre - they have an offer on five 80 lt bags of FYM for £15. Need to mulch around my raspberries and the rhubarb - won't get any home grown this year as we only replanted last autumn. Shame coz I'm fond of rhubarb.

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Oxford were robbed...............
It was all their own fault!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #20

Sorry your crew lost, Kazz. Turkey for Easter??? It's almost always ham or lamb here, we never had the latter as Dad disliked it. Ham here, scalloped potatoes, either fresh spinach or cauliflower, haven't decided yet, depends on if the spinach at Whole Foods looks good tomorrow morning.