Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #11

Re: Strange Dreams!

At least you could figure out why you dreampt that, as could Angie about Pip. My dreams are never that logical.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #12

Have you ever tried one of those sleep clinics Liz?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
07-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #13

I haven't Angie but it may be a good idea. I tend to have very disturbed sleep most nights-I worry about patients from work in the main. Not quite nightmares but I wake up feeling stressed!
I did try herbal sleeping tablets but they seemed to make the dreams even more vivid

Catsey Veteran

08-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #14

You do need a good restful sleep Liz - I'd do something about it! You must get very tired.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
08-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #15

i had a really weird one last night...and i cant get it out of my head AND its really stupid...

I dreamt i was in a bus... with Tinky Winky and Angies Pip... and i was feeding them little cakes of soap...they were like the ones that you get in hotel rooms... but about half the size... and they were individually wrapped... and they were eating them as fast as i could unwrap them... Angie... your OH was driving the bus... dont ask me how i knew ... you know how sometimes in dreams... you JUST KNOW!! well i knew!... there was another cat there... it was dark and a mottled colour... and it had an odd shaped head... but it would eat my special soap biscuits and OH said it was because he couldn't unwrap them for the cat cause he was driving the bus... WEIRD!!!

and no..... i haven't emptied the treat tin!!

Catsey Veteran

08-03-2010, 11:49 AM   #16

That's a tapestry of a dream Jo! You've obviously been dwelling too much on having a dream that's impossible to fathom! You're not a home soapmaker too are you? That's weird because I am getting ready to make my first batch ...... reading up and getting equipment etc. I'll think about making really small individually wrapped ones and perhaps put a little cat icon on the label if I ever get that far.

I expect my OH would like to drive a bus ....................

I remembered a snippet of a dream last night. I was talking to someone whom I knew, but can't now remember who it was. I admired her finger nails and asked her where she had them done. She said a manicurist on the Oxford Road - I was thinking about what colour to have them done and sort of settled on green .................. end of snippet!!!

Catsey Veteran

08-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #17

Weird both! I can't remember mine from last night, as usual .....

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #18

Had another odd one last night - although part of it can be explained well enough. I'd been doing family history research last evening and reading about one of my ancestors having been stranded on a ship that had run aground in a storm off the French coast during the Napoleonic Wars. He was rescued by the French and imprisoned, although he was not in the services of the day.

I dreamt I was on the beach at Brighton - on the pebbly beach there were market like stalls with loads of plastic wallets with documents in and I was reading them - not surprisingly they were about shipwrecks. I turned around and found the tide had come in and was lapping at the edge of the pebbles. I wondered why anyone would put documents so near the water.

Then there was another beach, but I think it must have been more of an inlet because I could see a strip of land with shrubby trees in the far distance. OH was there and trying to figure out how to putt his golf ball into a hole that was around something that jutted out. I was saying why don't you hit the ball out there but then had to apologise because I knew I was exaggerating!

The golf is also explainable ........... but the setting was sort of weird and sepia-ish.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
09-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
That's a tapestry of a dream Jo! You've obviously been dwelling too much on having a dream that's impossible to fathom! You're not a home soapmaker too are you? That's weird because I am getting ready to make my first batch ...... reading up and getting equipment etc. I'll think about making really small individually wrapped ones and perhaps put a little cat icon on the label if I ever get that far.

I expect my OH would like to drive a bus ....................

I remembered a snippet of a dream last night. I was talking to someone whom I knew, but can't now remember who it was. I admired her finger nails and asked her where she had them done. She said a manicurist on the Oxford Road - I was thinking about what colour to have them done and sort of settled on green .................. end of snippet!!!
no... not a soap maker... but i do have a bit of a thing about soap..my OH will often open a new cake of soap before the previous one is finished...(the left over one is usually about the size of the hotel soaps!) and he knows how it annoys me.. and we had a "discussion" about it again the other day.. so that's where that probably comes from

I generally have very vivid dreams...some of them nice... and some not so nice... and an odd assortment of horrific featured dreams (about ghastly crimes scenes from my working days) mixed in with seemingly innocuous things... and in that context they dont seem to bother me too much but i am always surprised at how the dont bother me ... i suspect its my mind attempting to "normalise" them so they dont send me off the deep end....
OOOOPPPPPPs!!!! too late..!

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #20

I'm resurrecting this as for once I remembered last nights when I awoke. I had been carrying in bags of groceries and realized I had lost my purse! But my cleaning lady found it in the azalea bushes by the steps; when I opened my wallet all the cash and credit cards were gone. I was sitting on the steps fretting when sudden;y Cassie appeared and patted me on the nose......

Weird ... I rarely carry a purse. never had a cleaning lady, nothing could be hidden in the azalea bushes .... and why Cassie?