Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #11

Re: Neutering early

Did Chunkey and the others get neutered?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 tortie(f) 2 b&w (m) 1 black(f)
15-03-2010, 06:56 PM   #12

i got trouble done at 5 months and strife will be getting done next month so yes it will be fine xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggie
16-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #13

you should keep the unneutered boys and girls seperated from 4 months at the latest as it would be naive to think that they wont inbreed at 6 months which is late to just start thinking about neutering. good luck and hope the girls aren't pregnant.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
16-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #14

None of the girls are pregnant for sure. I havent had the boys done yet. My neighbour became realy ill and is not allowed to drive for a year but good news, his wife is taking me with chunkey and smokey on thursday to be neutered. I dont have transport i know that is not an excuse at all but i do live too far away for taxi's etc. They have been seperated they stay upstairs they prefare it and then i swap them over so they all get the chance to be down stairs with us. The only problem is i not quiet sure how to get chunkey in the cage he doesnt like being picked up at all and will only allow me to stroke him. Will let you know how they get on on thursday. I walk there dogs so they asked me what i wanted so i said i lift too the vets which means more than anything else.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggie
16-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #15

good luck getting him in the cage
H x

Catsey Veteran

16-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #16

He is a bit feral but only to others. I am going to had to cover my arms up lock all doors so he cant hide under kitchen units. I am borrowing my neighbours carrier and put them both out tomorrow night open and when ever they go in them after 7am going too shut the door. Smokey has never liked the vets he always has accidents either going or coming home. He never has forgiven me since i took him too the vets with a broken leg.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #17

Eva didnt like being picked up, I used to quickly scoop her up by puting one arm under her, just behind her fron legs and scoop her backside with the other hand/arm. That way I was able to sort of hold her front legs in one hand and her back legs in the other. I used to tip the cat box on it's end and lower her in bum first. Worked every time.
Good luck xxx

Catsey Veteran

16-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #18

You cant even get that close too him. I can sort of pick him sidewards but only when he chooses too let me. I will get him in as he realy is a big boy now. I will have no problems with chunkey.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #19

Have a towel ready to throw over him, it will confuse him enough for you to pick him up and get into the carrier ......... be quick though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #20

I use the upended carrier trick too. I bring it downstairs and hide it in the closet overnight; get out just as cat has finished breakfast and is unsuspectingly washing up. Grab cat and put in face down , slam door, lock and right the carrier. Works for me, although skip the breakfast part if she/he is fasting.