Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
23-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #11

Re: Wednesday 23rd

What a dramatic day!
I only worked from 1pm today but it was a pretty packed one!
We had a couple of walkers come in to tell us that there was a donkey that had fallen through the ice into the canal and the poor thing was up to her neck in the icy water
One of the vets and another nurse went out to see what they could do (only a couple of mins walk from us) They managed to get a halter on her and break the ice a bit more to try and get her out.
They then called us at the practice and I had to call 999 to get the fire brigade out to help. I had to man the phones so didn't get to see the hunky firemen
Anyway, poor donkey was out of the canal after about 20 mins, alright apart from being shocked and very very cold. We were all ferrying warm towels and blankets up to her. Unfortunately the gate to the field was locked otherwise we could've brought her into the practice to warm up-we could've had our very own nativity in the waiting room
Her companion was very distressed too
I was able to ring the owner to let him know what had happened (when we lived above the practice I used to take them carrots and apples quite regularly and have seen this man feeding them) and he came down to bring her a rug and some warm bran mash. Will take her some treats at lunch time tomorrow.
Then... when we left work at 7, it was snowing really heavily! We've had hardly any snow here and I love it! Cue big snowball fight in the car park, which was watched with some amusement by the guys who work in the garage office next door
Feeling really christmassy here now, off to make mince pies!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #12

Poor donkey - so glad he or she was saved. Bet that warm mash and blankets were appreciated. Sad you didn't see the hunky firemen.

Hope your snow is the right sort and doesn't cause disruptions in the morning. Enjoy those mince pies!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #13

Quite an adventure, glad it had a happy ending! Enjoy your snow.hope it's a "conversational" one, not a blizzard! And do enjoy the pies!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #14

Wow, you all have me in the spirit just reading your posts. Thoroughly enjoyed reading about your days.