Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
06-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #11

Re: Bonfire Thursday

Wind advisory here till midnight and flood watch till tomorrow afternoon.
I am just taking precautions in case the power goes out or something.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2009, 03:15 AM   #12

Oh dear, rain, & heavy winds can indeed mean downed power lines; hope you have lots of candles or oil lamps on hand! Are you high enough not to worry about flooding? Fingers crossed everything will be OK there!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
06-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #13

Well the river they are worrying about flooding is very close to us..However we have the highest driveway on our street so I'm thinking that if it happened it may be our surrounding streets but not actually get into our house.
The winds have finally died down a bit. But it's supposed to pour.
A middle school K's stepdad works at caught fire last night and the winds caused it to advance to the point the school is closed for now.
Pretty crazy around here!
We have to fix our generator, the gas cap is broken and it doesn't hold gas in so it doesn't work right now. We only have one flashlight. We're not really prepared, LOL.
But we still have power..though a couple towns around us do not. I think we just got lucky *knocks on wood*
Last week we were at a Halloween party and the wind took a transformer out. You could see the sparks on the street at our friends' house.
Craziness!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #14

Glad everything's OK so far! Flooding is one thing I don't have to worry about, am near the highest elevation in the City. If flood waters ever got up here the entire Federal city downtown would be completely under water. I saw a transformer do that once in our block ...very scary! Crazy weather indeed! Stay safe!