Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 siamese (RIP)1 black cat &1 tabby
12-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #11

Re: Alarm clocks for cats??

my cats well it's usally topaz coz coral is happy to eat her biscuits they wake up at about 6:15 every morning so i set my alarm so i can feed em then back to bed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #12

Bronwyn usually wakes me up around 4.40am, nice!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #13

I must have been so lucky with cats. Merlin used to jump up on the bed, have a cuddle and curl up and go back to sleep. Kizzy does the same - I have never had to get up to feed any of them. Perhaps I have just been lucky (so far) to have the most patient of cats....... can my luck extend to our little ginger and white boy??? Although I will understand while he needs more frequent feeding.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #14

You're not alone being lucky, Angie. Aside from Dandy, mine would normally wait patiently for me to get up. Of course. I think the pre-bedtime snack might help. Dandy was a little terror, he wasn't so much interested in breakfast as he was in playing! At 5:30 in the morning! Leia is a love, sleeps quietly next to me until I get up and say "Good Morning, Leia!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
12-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #15

My brothers cats are funny. He works shifts and he always gets up at least 2 hrs before he goes to work to let them out. The trouble is that when he is on a later shift they still think they should wake him up. They either meow or pace up and down. On saturday he was going for a bike ride but knew he wouldnt have enough food but they woke up at 4am and wanted feeding they wouldnt let up and he had too let them out he has three. He then had to go at 7am to get them some food before he went out. Cats do have alarm clocks myself i think its called an owner.

Catsey Veteran

13-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #16

It must be confusing if your staff work shifts! But generally I think that once you've given in, you're done for!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
13-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #17

i've never had that problem either.............. until....
The Ginger arrived.............0645... every morning... she starts with a single lick to the face... if i ignore it.. she starts in earnest.. if i cover my face... she advances to my pillow... and curls her body around my head... like she's a fur hat.... and proceeds to groom my hair, ear and neck... at this stage i usually get up and feed her... but she usually always comes back to bed and has a sleep for a couple of hours... one morning i didn't get up... i cralled under the covers so she couldn't get to me... and she went over to Davids side of the bed and did her routine on him... that was funny....

Catsey Veteran

13-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #18

hmmmmmmmm - my new kitten is ginger and white! Could be a disastrous combination .......