Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
22-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #11

Re: Possibly more arrivals.

Thanks everybody, your making me blush.
We're only doing somethingb we love.
Anyway, the sheep will be collected on Friday, there are 3 wethers (castrated males) and 2 females, they are quite big apparently, but then folk haven't seen our Elsie and Doris!

It also looks like we have a male guinea pig coming on Sunday, somebody who can't cope anymore and at a later date 3 bonded rabbits, one with 3 legs.
I'd better catch up on my sleep now, because summer looks like it will be busy!

Catsey Veteran

24-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #12

Here are photos of the new sheep, we have identified 2 of the boys, we will be trimming their feet tomorrow so will find out who number 3 is then, its not obvious because they have been castrated.

These are the 2 definate boys, we've named them, Issac(left) and Noggin ( right)

sheep-3

sheep-4

sheep-5

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #13

Lovely sheep - so glad there are folks like you in the world.

People just make you so angry when they treat animals as some form of disposible plaything.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #14

Not knowing much about sheep farthing, can I ask - are they OK health-wise? They look fine, apart from their feet as you say you are going to do those.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #15

Aww bless I do like sheep, I really need to move to a farm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #16

look at those lovely faces

Catsey Veteran

25-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Not knowing much about sheep farthing, can I ask - are they OK health-wise? They look fine, apart from their feet as you say you are going to do those.
Just a quick update as its been a busy day, will fill you in later.

They sheep are not in very good condition. The vet had a look at them today and thinks they are starting to develop pneumonia, so they have all had an injection. We can worm them tomorrow, but must hold off doing their feet and vaccinations til next week.
Noggin is quite poorly and very thin, in fact they are all quite thin. They do however now have names ( we think we have sexed thm, but didn't want to stress them out too much)
So meet, Issac and Noggin,

Zog,

April,

and Ester,

Catsey Veteran

25-04-2009, 11:36 PM   #18

I am very sorry to hear they are not generally well farthing. Shows how looks are deceptive with our woolly friends. Hope they start on the road to recovery soon.

Catsey Veteran

26-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #19

Noggin seems very sore and stiff this morning, we are not sure if he has arthritis or it is just that his feet need trimming. He is not strong enough to push his way into the feeding trough, which may explain why he is so thin. We are going to have to risk putting him through the stress of trimming his feet, even though it is against the vet's advice. Then if he is still sore I will ask for a metacam injection, to see if it helps, it will confirm whether he has pain somewhere. One good point, he was chewing cudd this morning which implies his stomach is at least working.
April is still breathing quite heavily, but the others semm more settled today.
I get so frustrated, these were supposed to be pets, and they seem to be in a worse state of neglect than livestock. The owners lived in a huge house, with 4 cars outside and yet couldn't afford to get the vet out to look at them!

Catsey Veteran

26-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #20

Is there no way those neglectful owners can be prosecuted? They should at the very least not be allowed to have any more animals. That makes my blood boil.