Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
20-04-2009, 02:59 AM   #11

Re: Igloo type cat beds

We had an igloo for George... and he loved it... until he got too big to get in it... mind you it didn't stop him trying... and getting stuck... and then us hearing him crying cause he couldn't get any further into it!.. we used a box.. which was good until he decided that it was fun to tear it ti shreds... and then we cam up with the idea of a more robust box... you can get pliable plastic boxes.. from shops that sell storage items...we got a document box.. it came flat packed... we put it together.. and then cut a round hole in it...and lined it and then added a cushion.. and he loves it still... but Harry has taken an interest in it so i think i will have to make another one for her so there are no arguments.
I have to agree with Cats Staff too about sitting on on the clean washing... (never the dirty stuff... isn't that strange) and both George and Tinky when he was here used to always sit in the suitcases when i would get them out to pack for a trip...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #12

Kizzy sends her compliments to the very gracious Princess Leia and thanks her sincerely for sending such a lovely picture of herself and her special box. Kizzy is sure her new mum will look out for just such a box for her soon and looks forward to being happy in her own little cave, maybe with a blanket or a cushion.

(Kizzy was a little overwhelmed when I told her she had a message from HRH and hopes she has been polite. I said I thought she had!!! )

Kizzy also thanks everyone else for their comments and lovely stories!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Kizzy sends her compliments to the very gracious Princess Leia and thanks her sincerely for sending such a lovely picture of herself and her special box. Kizzy is sure her new mum will look out for just such a box for her soon and looks forward to being happy in her own little cave, maybe with a blanket or a cushion.

(Kizzy was a little overwhelmed when I told her she had a message from HRH and hopes she has been polite. I said I thought she had!!! )

Kizzy also thanks everyone else for their comments and lovely stories!
Leia is always gracious (nobesse oblige, you know) and was pleased to greet and welcome her overseas cousin! She would always be delighted to hear from Kizzy, and wishes her joy of her forthcoming private cave!

Catsey Veteran

20-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookyandjo
We had an igloo for George... and he loved it... until he got too big to get in it... mind you it didn't stop him trying... and getting stuck... and then us hearing him crying cause he couldn't get any further into it!.. we used a box.. which was good until he decided that it was fun to tear it ti shreds... and then we cam up with the idea of a more robust box... you can get pliable plastic boxes.. from shops that sell storage items...we got a document box.. it came flat packed... we put it together.. and then cut a round hole in it...and lined it and then added a cushion.. and he loves it still... but Harry has taken an interest in it so i think i will have to make another one for her so there are no arguments.
I have to agree with Cats Staff too about sitting on on the clean washing... (never the dirty stuff... isn't that strange) and both George and Tinky when he was here used to always sit in the suitcases when i would get them out to pack for a trip...
Why is that, I wonder? All of mine have done it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Why is that, I wonder? All of mine have done it
Perhaps becaue it needs to smell of them? Or maybe it is a variant of s*ds law, or a law that Newton forgot to mention-
cat with muddy paws+clean laundry= irresistable attraction!

Catsey Veteran

20-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
Perhaps becaue it needs to smell of them? Or maybe it is a variant of s*ds law, or a law that Newton forgot to mention-
cat with muddy paws+clean laundry= irresistable attraction!
It seems to be an innate feline trait; or maybe mum cat passes all this sort of information to the kits when they are little: like boxes and bags are meant to be sat in, always give your mice to your humans, try to sit on the paper/book your two-legs is trying to read, etc ........