Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
15-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #11

Re: to insure or not to insure... that is the question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki71uk
2 out of 3 of my animals r insured,the oldest cat i never even thought about getting him insured,mibbee i shoulda considering every yr he's had to go the vet to get flea stuff,every summer he got a bald tail

the other 2,cat/dog are on a joint insurance with direct line,ive never had to use it tho

can i ask does anyone knows why spaying/castrating/neutering
are n't covered,ive been told its cosmetic i.e not necessary
I think it's because it's classed as a routine procedure as opposed to non-routine. Same reason as boosters & worming aren't covered.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
15-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #12

boosters were covered at my old vets

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
15-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #13

Weas A New Thing I Dicoverd After The Dog Had Had His For 3 Yrs Lol

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
15-04-2009, 11:52 PM   #14

Insure, insure, insure!!!!

We had Miw insured when she first came to us 5 years ago......we have thankfully never had to claim on that insurance.

When Mousie came to us 2 years ago, we decided to insure her as well.........thank goodness we did!!!!! Since she became ill last year we have run up vet bills of more than £4,000!!! We have managed to claim back all except £65 (the excess fee per year) of that money, and had no difficulty with renewing her insurance when it came up in September despite the fact that the insurance company knows Mousie has a life-long illness. They continue to pay the claims promptly and without question or difficulty.

Insure! Hope that you never need make a claim on the insurance.....but give yourself the peace of mind to know that IF your cat was to become ill, you would have the monetary means to get the treatment it may need!

Tina

PS We are insured with PetPlan.....and have NO complaints!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
Insure, insure, insure!!!!

We had Miw insured when she first came to us 5 years ago......we have thankfully never had to claim on that insurance.

When Mousie came to us 2 years ago, we decided to insure her as well.........thank goodness we did!!!!! Since she became ill last year we have run up vet bills of more than £4,000!!! We have managed to claim back all except £65 (the excess fee per year) of that money, and had no difficulty with renewing her insurance when it came up in September despite the fact that the insurance company knows Mousie has a life-long illness. They continue to pay the claims promptly and without question or difficulty.

Insure! Hope that you never need make a claim on the insurance.....but give yourself the peace of mind to know that IF your cat was to become ill, you would have the monetary means to get the treatment it may need!

Tina

PS We are insured with PetPlan.....and have NO complaints!
That is who I use too and have never had a problem despite the numerous different claims. In addition my vet is happy to deal with them directly and I don't have to pay up front and then claim back myself. Some companies/vets won't work like that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #16

I'd go with insurance too. For a relatively small layout each month you get a lot of peace of mind.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
27-04-2009, 03:41 AM   #17

well all... am pleased to report that HRH Princess Harri is now an insured pussy cat.. signed her up with Pet Plan. Thanks for all the advice.. i rang them with a barrage of questions, all of which were answered to my satisfaction...no all i have to hope is that i never need it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
27-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookyandjo
well all... am pleased to report that HRH Princess Harri is now an insured pussy cat.. signed her up with Pet Plan. Thanks for all the advice.. i rang them with a barrage of questions, all of which were answered to my satisfaction...no all i have to hope is that i never need it
That is great news , fingers crossed you won`t ever need to use it though but at least its in place if you ever need to Xxx.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #19

Good to hear that! I've never had to use mine, thank goodness, but the peace of mind is well worth the premium IMO.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #20

Tina and Mousie are perhaps the best advertisement for insurance (and for PetPlan) that I can think of. I think I will be renewing Kizzy's policy when the four weeks is up.