Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #11

Re: Why did your cat get his name?

Smudge - all her colours are smudged

Emily - the children chose that

Bluebell - because she's blue & cute

Tiger Lilly Pumpnin - My daughter wanted her cousins to choose a name, one suggested Lilly & one suggested Tiger, so they went for Tiger-Lilly, then I said it should be something with a halloween theme as it was halloween time. I suggested pumpnin (because when Lucy was little she couldn't pronounce pumpkin & always said pumpnin)... so that stuck & she is Tiger Lilly pumpnin. The children call her Lilly, but me & John both call her Tiger lilly pumpnin!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #12

Cleo - because it suited her ladylike and regal yet friendly. But in her old age she decided she would like to use "Daisy Mae" don't ask me why but on grand days in her 20's she used that name on occasion, but only in privateOscar - because he need a name that suited him he was Flynn/Flint etc etc befoe I settled on Oscar and it suited him Oz for short.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #13

Sissons
Roger
Watson
all former lecturers of my OH
Tizzie
Mini
just girlie names, which I'm not very good at
Chester - came to me after much thought and consideration and rejection of others
Bentley - well, who wouldn't want a sleek grey Bentley which purrs like a dream?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
08-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #14

Thomas was my first cat and as I was about 3 at the time he was named after the cartoon cat from Tom and Jerry, he was a tabby.

Tabitha was named because she was a tabby cat, I was 8 when I got her, Thomas went missing and never came back when I was about 5.

Kiara was the first cat I got on my own when I moved out. She was named after Kiara from Disney's Lion King film, the daughter of Simba.

Vitaani is another from the Lion King. Not a main character, she was a bad lioness who had a rough start but turned out good in the end and this was fitting as Vitaani had had a rough start in life when I got her.

Tucker was named as I got him with his sister Nipper (who I lost at 9 months in an RTA) and I fancied names that went together, so Nip and Tuck. They were meant to be two girls and were going to be Tia and Maria but when I picked them up I realised Tucker was, in fact a boy, so had to make a change of names!

Princess is named purely because we wanted a really special name for her, and what is more special than Princess?

Colin is named because he was going to go to another home and they had a bit of a joke saying they would call him something 'uncat like', such as Colin or David and Colin just stuck. I hung onto him as I was going to have him neutered first (he was from an accidental litter from my Vitaani) but before it was time for him to go there was a change of circumstances so he stayed with us.

Anakin is very much my son's cat and was named by son, a Star Wars fan!

Jennie my sister's cat, now at the bridge, was called Jennie because she couldn't think of a name for her. She was calling her Ionee but it just didn't suit her or stick and we started being daft and called her Jennifer and it just stuck and she was Jennie, then later lengthened to Jennie-Leigh.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
08-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #15

How lovely all these stories are!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #16

Smashing stories - I have enjoyed reading them.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
08-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #17

aren't they just!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
08-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #18

Imogen's name has a slightly odd story behind it!
She was born by c-section in the practice and needed supplemental oxygen while the affects of the GA wore off. I chose her to be my baby when she was a few minutes old and held her wrapped up in a blanket while giving her oxygen. Kirsty (also on here) and another nurse joked that she should be called 'Oxygen' but we were worried it'd be shortened to 'oxy'-OH said it sounded like a spot cream!
Imogen was our compromise although Kirsty still calls her Oxygen!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #19

This is a great thread; please keep the stories coming!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #20

Posh came to us as a stray. She turned up on the doorstep late one November evening it was pouring down with rain. When my grandson opened the door, she walked into the house as if she owned the place, she shook her long fur out and sat and mewed at my feet. She had amazing blue eyes and perfect little pink feet. Although wet and thin and full of fleas, she seemed a right little madam, used to getting her own way.The first words I said to her were, " You can't be a stray, you're far too posh!"
The name Posh sort of fitted straight away because she was a persian, a bit special, very princess like and thin... and not a million miles away from a certain Mrs Beckham