Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
05-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #11

Re: Eva unwell

Poor Eva, hope she starts to feel better soon xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #12

Bless her poor baby, think you are right getting it investigated Lainey, its happening too regularly....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #13

Have been reading about pancreatitis and colitis but they dont seem to fit. Scared myself a bit reading the FAB site as they also suggest testing for FIV and FeLV, but if thats the route I have to go down then that's what I have to do.
Have emailed Andrew but wont get a response until tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #14

I hope she gets better Elaine, and that you get to the bottom of the problem x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
05-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #15

Get well soon Eva

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
05-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #16

Poor Eva - hope she feels beter soon. Maybe the bloods will find something that will help get to the bottom of this.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
05-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #17

Sooooo sorry to hear that Eva is having tummy problems , and I know exactly what looks you are getting after cleaning her bum as those are the looks that I am getting from Maxi after wiping his bum with his tummy problems too .
Hope her tummy settles soon and that the problem can be sorted out very quickly by your vet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
05-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #18

Hi Elaine, has she had a feacal sample tested, if not I would get that done as well as blood tests. How old is Eva and what is she generally like. Overactive thryoids can cause runny bums, as well as big appetite, weight loss etc. Cats may not show all of these symptoms, Samson didn't look hyperthyroid, he just started yowling throught the night.
If Eva is a fighting cat, coming home with bites I would probably get her tested for Felv/Fiv, or if she has always been prone to infections. Don't worry too much though as Tabatha is a healthy girl and she is doubly compromised being FIV and hyper thyroid.
Anyway, I hope you can find out what is wrong and get it sorted once and for all, she may just have a slight dietry intolerance and they can be beggars to identify.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #19

Eva is only 5 yrs old, realistically it cannt be FIV as she doesnt come into contact with other cats, just Bernie, just got a fright when reading the FAB site about colitis etc and they said to test for it. I dont think it would be her thyroid either, if anything that would be underactive given her weight etc .
Andrew wanted to do bloods the last time but I was convinced it was a bug as Bernie went down with it too a few days after Eva. He did say then that if we werent giving her the right treatment for the right infection that it would come back. There have been no sudden dietary changes. It just worries me that Eva gets this several times each year and I have never experienced this with any other cat I have had. Will see what Andrew wants to do from here but I think it's time to stop blaming everything on her stressy nature and look into it a bit further.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
05-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #20

Its not likely to be thyroid problems if she is only 5. I think I would still consider getting a feacal sample tested to rule out any recurring infection.