Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #11

Re: MY poorly Baby (Maxi)

Always on a weekend Poor Maxi, they do like to worry us, especially at the weekends.
Maybe some light food, little and often, something like chicken or fish would help. If at all worried though, the vet is always best.
Hope he feels better very soon xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #12

Poor Maxi, I hope he feels better soon.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
27-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #13

Thanks everybody for your concern, after phoning the vets this afternoon they said to take him in, so off we went after he had a quick bath of his back legs and bottom as after his last lot of poop there was just to much to clean up ,he wasn`t impressed at all.
The vet said he thinks it was more than likley his coltitus flaring up again he had only been off steroids for a month, so he has started him back on the steroids 2 aday for a week then down to one and then down to 1/2 a tablet every other day and hopefully it will keep it at bay, then he said will review him again after maybe about 4mths and see if he can come of them again but if it flares up again he may have to stay on them .
I also mentioned that he had been sneezing a little bit not much but enough for me to notice so he checked his throat and teeth, seems he has got some inflamation to his throat and gums he said the steroids will also help that and he has prescribed him some antibiotics as well.

I think he is just going to be one of those cats that is going to be plagued with little niddley problems , my poor little baby but I wouldn`t swap him for the world

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #14

Glad you got him to the vet before the w/end - he'll pick up quickly I'm sure. Please give him a gentle "get well soon" cuddle from me.

Catsey Veteran

27-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Glad you got him to the vet before the w/end - he'll pick up quickly I'm sure. Please give him a gentle "get well soon" cuddle from me.
Thanks Angie and I will give him a cuddle from you when he has finnished sulking with me for giving him a bath and taking him to the vets LOL , they don`t realise that we do it for their own good do they

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #16

Oh poor baby. hope this medication will get things cleared up and he'll be a healthy robust puss in future.......

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
28-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #17

Hope he's feeling better now.

Catsey Veteran

28-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh poor baby. hope this medication will get things cleared up and he'll be a healthy robust puss in future.......
Thanks DM I hope so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattde
Hope he's feeling better now.
Thanks Matt, I think he is feeling abit better today even if it is only because he is not having to keep having his bum washed LOL , you know how proud these little furballs are, he has only done one poop this morning which wasn`t as bad as yesterday so the tabs must have started to work.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
28-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #19

Glad to hear he appears to be on the mend. Honestly! - what would we all worry about if it weren't for our cats?

Catsey Veteran

28-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Glad to hear he appears to be on the mend. Honestly! - what would we all worry about if it weren't for our cats?
Thanks CM, I am sure that I am going grey with all the worry