Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #11

Re: Fat Cat

Hi Serena! Here's a link that might be helpful in reducing Poppy's weight; sounds as if you're off to a good start. She sounds like a lovely little cat, hope you can post some pics. Torties are such striking cats!

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/ar...=3261&aid=1378

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena
thanks for replying, i am not sure how to get pics of poppy online, but will try. she is mainly a bit fat, but am trying her on biscuits to keep her stmach full with the occasional 'wet' food and tesco cats milk. She has a wide range of noises and seems to know i cant hear her very well being hard of hearing when my aid is out till morning, she sits on me and pats my nose till i wake up for breakfast! thanks for your help
You will need to host your pictures somewhere first, most of us use Photobucket which is free. Have a look here, this will guide you through the process ......

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=8195

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
15-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #13

Hi Serena and Poppy,welcome to Catsey ,

We are Maximus and Maisy-Jane doing here what we like to do best, getting a few Zzzzzzzzz`s .

Good luck with the diet for Poppy, they certainly know how to play us for food don`t they and make us feel guilty.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-02-2009, 03:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
Hi Serena and Poppy,welcome to Catsey ,

We are Maximus and Maisy-Jane doing here what we like to do best, getting a few Zzzzzzzzz`s .

Good luck with the diet for Poppy, they certainly know how to play us for food don`t they and make us feel guilty.
My Leia (cat in Welcome pic earlier) is a master of the silent meow (I am so weak from hunger I can't speak) and the small starving cat face! Said cat is a rather plump 14 pound girl.....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
16-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #15

Welcome to the forum

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mixed tortoishell
22-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #16

ta for reply i am having a little trouble trying to get photos of Poppy on the site at the moment i have tried three times to get a username and password on and now I want to try to delete them and start again (mainly because of the e-mail address being used each time) I have started to feed Poppy less even thought she stills 'wails' hopefully she will get thinner as we go along, she generally eats either biscuits or packet food or a tin but I think its a case of getting her to eat less. [i] have reduced the amount she eats and get her to exercise by playing, but would appreciate any more tips on getting her weight down by a few pounds (I think she is nearly a stone not sure as i am not very good with kilograms more the old stuff like stones and pounds. Serena

Catsey Junior

22-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #17

sorry, pink lizzy i forgot to press the quick reply message the message is as above on the bottom of the page.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #18

Hope you get the hang of posting a picture Serena - look foward to seeing your cat!

Catsey Junior

28-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #19

Sorry for the delay to getting Poppy'as pic online, so far I have tried and made a mess of it. I have e-mailed photobucket and hope to get it resolved, Poppy is still a bit overweight, but she is being treated to a 'diet' and I am trying to ignore her disgruntled meows because she thinks she hasn't had enough!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
28-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #20

Hello Serena, a belated welcome from me and Posh, looking forward to reading your posts and seeing Poppy