Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
12-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #11

Re: I cant believe it

I'd be inclined to try and get her spayed before she has a season, Leesy. The problem with waiting till she has a season is that once it starts, it's more difficult to try to get the timing right to get her in for the spaying before the next season.

We had Miw spayed at 5 months before she had a season. We were going to have Mouse spayed at 9 months......but then she came into season at 6 months, and we couldn't get the timing right to get her spayed because she was coming into season every 3 weeks! LOL! Spaying Mouse isn't an option now, with her illness.......but oh I wish we had it done before she got sick! Still in season every 3 weeks, and I SWEAR she must have some siamese in here.....the noise!!!!!

Maisy may well end up being like Mousie and coming into season every 3 weeks ALL year......best to get it done sooner!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
12-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #12

Thanks Tina, I will have to make a decision soon then as she is 5mths old now

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
12-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #13

I have my two booked in for the 20th of this month, they will be 27 weeks old then.
fingers crossed I catch it in the nick of time.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 6 Moggy's
12-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
So really they can come into season at any age, would it be better to let Maisy have a season and then get her spayed, there is no risk of her getting pregnant as she does not go out on her own and Maxi has been done.
I would try to get her spayed asap as like tina said once they come into seeason its very difficult to get the timing right lol
xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 6 Moggy's
12-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattde
I have my two booked in for the 20th of this month, they will be 27 weeks old then.
fingers crossed I catch it in the nick of time.

Good luck for the 20th, mine go in 4 days after yours lol

xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #16

I lucked out with Misty; the vet I was seeing then was a small one man practice so I was able to get her in before she had her next heat, thank goodness. Both Patches and Leia were spayed when I got them, so I've only had the one experience of heat. That was enough....the rolling and calling!!!! Poor Sultan didn't know what to make of his little pal acting so strangely and coming on to him!