Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
03-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #11

Re: Snowy Tuesday

(I tried to 'self-teach' myself by watching Shakira's hips don't lie video over and over again! I did pick up a few from that But the basics like the steps, and the standard moves that you can put together, are all really interesting.)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
03-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #12

Sounds like a really enjoyable way to keep fit, I will have to find out if there are any classes around here and then I can get my hips swaying to the music LOL.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #13

Hi all. Sounds as if the storm wasn't quite as bad as predicted. Our original forecast of snow overnight and today has been downgraded to flurries, and the sun is trying to come out now. What did come down isn't sticking as it's just at 0 degrees; the streets are still warm after the record temps of 15 and 14 the last two days. I could have gone out, but had already shopped for today so just slept late and am pottering around.

I'm afraid I have too much belly for belly dancing! Angie, great pic of the little dove, what kind is it? I've never been able to get a pic of our resident mourning doves...

Stay warm and dry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #14

Eileen - that's a collared dove. They turned up in this country in the 1950's I believe - came from Arabia! A couple of years ago on the Big Garden Birdwatch, I counted 12 in our walnut tree, but they were hit by a virus last year and, at least in this area, their numbers are back to "normal" - we have 2 pairs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
03-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #15

Hello all!
Snaeking onto OH's big computer as my laptop power supply exploded last week and I'm still waiting for the replacement to arrive Feels like a long time!
We've had quite a bit of snow here and it's still snowing the moment although the roads are passable, and living above the practice has meant no 'snow days' for me.
We took Imogen out yesterday on her harness to experience the snow for the first time yesterday and she was quite intruiged but didn't want to stay out long.
Hope to be able to catch up with you all soon,
Lx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
03-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #16

Hi all -

Snow all gone from here after a night of wind and rain. Thank goodness as the hill road was treacherous last night.

Birds were glad of the feeders today as still quite icey this morning. Outside it is -1c just now and getting colder.

Other than that not much to report.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Eileen - that's a collared dove. They turned up in this country in the 1950's I believe - came from Arabia! A couple of years ago on the Big Garden Birdwatch, I counted 12 in our walnut tree, but they were hit by a virus last year and, at least in this area, their numbers are back to "normal" - we have 2 pairs.
They're lovely little birds! Good to hear the population is recovering now.