Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
01-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #11

Re: Cats Protection.... :-(

I hope your plan works and they don`t recognise you LOL , good luck and let us know how you get on.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdoll.
01-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #12

I thought they were struggling to find homes for cats/kittens at the moment.....Whats wrong with indoor cats? I have indoor cats that are very fit and healthy. (ragdoll and dsh).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
01-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by laragreg
I thought they were struggling to find homes for cats/kittens at the moment.....Whats wrong with indoor cats? I have indoor cats that are very fit and healthy. (ragdoll and dsh).
They just said they dont let people have the kittens if the kitten will become an indoor cat. I should of asked more questions when she said that but I was quite shocked and was upset at the time!

Ughhh, cant believe it lol.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdoll.
01-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #14

I would have been upset as well, I hope you go back and talk to them you can offer a good home, good luck.

ps... I m going watchin p!nk in april can't wait, taking my 8 yr old daughter to her first gig.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
02-02-2009, 11:03 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by laragreg

ps... I m going watchin p!nk in april can't wait, taking my 8 yr old daughter to her first gig.
Oh cool, I was on the phone for hours from 9am till like 2pm trying to get tickets, everywhere had sold out, finally got some that are in the gods. So when they put new dates up in Aug I got a link to the pre sale tickets whoo hoo.

----
Not gonna be able to go to the cats protection either today, I bet she's gone by the time I come to get her, If not then its a miracle!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #16

Unfortunately the CP rules are just guidelines which the branches operate by, so essentially they interpret them how they see fit. Also, it's very difficult, because even with a branch like ours which is quite forward looking as we have a super co-ordinator, some of the volunteers who get involved have very strong views and tend to impose those rather than follow prescribed guidelines.

If you feel very strongly about this Jane, why don't you get back in touch and speak to the co-ordinator or actual rehoming officer and state your case logically without getting over-emotional? This may end up with you getting what you want!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #17

Excellent suggestion from Yola; give it a try! Good luck!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-02-2009, 08:34 PM   #18

Yeap give it a try, best luck if she cmes home to you she should be called Karma

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
03-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #19

That is so strange! I wonder if each branch of the CP has different 'ground rules' as our Glasgow one will rehome kittens as indoor cats only. Glasgow is a busy city so maybe they encourage indoor cats to prevent RTA?

We really didn't have any problems with our CP. Our flat isn't the biggest and I was worried they might think two large male cats would find it stifling but they said it was perfect for them!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #20

When I rang my local CP branch (about three years ago!), I told them I wanted an indoor cat. They wouldn't let me have a kitten but said I could have an old cat or one with feline aids. As a result of that, I had to look elsewhere.

Surely, if an animal is going to a good home, it doesn't matter if it is an indoor or an outdoor does it? In my opinion, if you are a good owner, you wouldnt buy a cat for outdoors if you lived on a busy road, so why do CP have to be fussy. :S