Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
06-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread - Jade Green Tuesday!

I'll second the preference for crisp and frosty underfoot in the woods as opposed to wet and clingy. However, that's just for my own feet. Uber-short staffie coat has a lot to commend it. The mud doesn't cling and, even if she does pick some up, she soon sparkles again with a quick once over with a damp cloth!
It's mighty cold but gloriously sunny. The kind of cold which makes your teeth hurt

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #12

Thats fine for Dinah and Tara who have some daylight under them, but poor Gypsy is only 14 inches tall, and tends to get covered in mud....!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
06-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #13

Hello all - cold and dry again. Been walk with Cali up over the fields - nose now a shiny red and a bit sniffly.

You should try walking a golden retriever in the mud. There are times I have to hose her down!

Lazy afternoon - watching Gardening channel on sky - adding lots of ideas to my wish list.

Have a good day - hope the poorly folks feel better tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #14

We've been very very lucky, the temperature has hovered just a bit above freezing, so the dreaded ice storm they were forecasting has just been a cold rain here in the City, thank God! I planned for this so slept in and have just pottered about; no news. Weather liker this calls for comfort food: spaghetti and meat balls tonight.

Meep: why won't your boss get a few space heaters? That sounds like unbearable working conditions to me.

Yola: Lol at the thought of your brother and the diaper....

Hope the cold abates, the dogs don't get too muddy and that all the poorly people feel better.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
06-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #15

It's been icy still today and have had lots of job to do organising final arrangements for the funeral tomorrow. An expensive day too as the Fridge Freezer has packed in and Bess has chewed through the washing machine cable.

Hubby is off to Comet as I write!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #16

Jade Green... thanks Dinahsmum, you must have guessed, that's the colour of my phlegm ( ew, sorry to be so graphic!)
Bad-bad cold, even Posh is sneezing! and sticky eye no better, seeing vet on Thursday, using golden eye drops til then.
Nat, my thoughts are with you and the family for tomorrow.

take acre all, off to get another box of Kleenex ! atchoo

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
06-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #17

Allo, all!
Took an ambien last night and have just woke up as the combo of the sleeping pill and the coziness of the fireplace made me sleep nearly twelve hours! Gah..what a late start I have today..
Looked outside and it is snow, slush, ice, and rain. Our pond is frozen over and yet there are melting spots and rain falling down on top of it..a very odd sight indeed!
Feel very lazy today..trying to get myself into gear and start this day..will have to drink some extra coffee to get that kick start. I swear, this weather really doesn't help! LOL..
Hope everyone has a good day.
Lots of love..
Tink