Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #11

Re: Tuesday Daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Just seen on the news Eileen - big water main burst in Washington - major disruption to commuter route into the city. Hope it's not affected your water supply. Pictures looked frightening for people trapped in their cars.
Just been reading about that Angie, it looks terrifying ....... an awful thing to happen so close to Christmas too.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7797855.stm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-12-2008, 08:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Just seen on the news Eileen - big water main burst in Washington - major disruption to commuter route into the city. Hope it's not affected your water supply. Pictures looked frightening for people trapped in their cars.
Quite awful, all over the noon news. Actually it's just outside the City, in Bethesda, Md, so no effect here, thank God. Several people had to be rescued from their cars by helicopter...imagine having to crawl into one of those hovering baskets and be lifted in the air to safe ground....scary!!

Edited: just read your BBC link, Mags, that's exactly how it was. It's not to near where my friend Hollis lives, but he won't be affected by low water pressure as he left for Florida Sunday to spend the Winter there..where it's WARM!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #13

feeling a little blue today but don't know why..hope it passes.
plans not looking good for traveling to my parents christmas day..many cities on our route there will be having storms and our pipes are yet to thaw till it becomes above freezing point..which is predicted to happen christmas morning. certainly don't want our pipes bursting while we are gone the whole day. really not sure what to do. but if eight hours of driving is going to turn into 12 total for the day just for two hours dinner at my parents and then not knowing the status of our home i really feel uncomfortable leaving. plus there are animals that need medications and i don't want to leave my ferrets caged all day long either (seems cruel as it's equivalent to leaving a puppy or kitten in a cage all day). feel like i'm letting my family down though. my mom says worst case is we can postpone celebration till the weather clears..don't know.
feeling a bit of cabin fever at being stranded in the house in the snow. we are supposed to get more tonight as well and i just can't drive in it.
not sure what i'll make of the day, probably same old boring thing.
hope you all are feeling cheerful and in the holiday mood, i'm having a problem with that today but maybe i'll change my attitude as the day progresses.
have fun everyone and stay safe!

Catsey Veteran

23-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #14

Not good news, Tink. I know you'd miss the family celebration, but all things considered, if it were me, I'd err on the side of safety and stay home. Hope you can cheer up a bit; being snowed in is unpleasant.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
23-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #15

good evening all. well all the shoppings done. asdas was a nightmare, ppl buying stuff they dont really need. ive bought a few extra bits but nothing crazy. had a couple of beers to relax me
just npop into the local shop 2morow. got to get some cotton wool for the dog. hes got a sore bit hes nibbled. and it has to be baqthed 2 times a day. plus i have to give him pills. hes got athrtus poor fella, hes only 6 . bit young.
im gonna settle down n watch the tv for a while. then try n sleep LOL
if i dont get back on have a good xmas all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-12-2008, 11:58 PM   #16

Glad to hear you are not affected by the burst, Eileen. OH called out when the news was on - "You've got a friend in Washington, haven't you?" He does listen to what I tell him!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-12-2008, 12:12 AM   #17

Tink, better safe than sorry - both you/OH and the animals. Christmas can be had a couple of days late as long as everyone is at little risk of accidents etc.

NAPKINS!!!! I have thought of everything apart from blasted napkins . . . so rarely have guests around now that I can organise the food but the little niceties such as napkins get forgotten . . . oh well - OH will just have to brave the Waitrose scrum tomorrow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-12-2008, 12:15 AM   #18

NAPKINS!!!! I have thought of everything apart from blasted napkins . . . so rarely have guests around now that I can organise the food but the little niceties such as napkins get forgotten . . . oh well - OH will just have to brave the Waitrose scrum tomorrow

I love reading your daily posts Yola.....

Catsey Veteran

24-12-2008, 12:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli

I love reading your daily posts Yola.....
And so do I .......sometimes I wonder how you cope! Chin up, sure all will go well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #20

Thank you ladies just about hanging on in there LOL . . .