Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Flossie
02-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #11

Re: How old were you when you learned there was no Santa Claus?

no one ever told me there was no santa, but at 14, and here i die of shame, i still believed in him, then! i must have been so innocent at that age to still think santa existed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #12

.... WHAT!!!THERE IS NO SANTA CLAUS!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #13

TUT TUT TUT.............shame on you all, he is real!!! whatever you call him and the magic of Christmas should always be believed in all year though, but the real magic only comes when you start thinking with you heart not your head ..........MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.....as we say in this family......real magic is the sort you can't see, can't touch, only feel. Like Christmas spirit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #14

That's really lovely Kazz!

I really can't remember the time when I "disavowed the existence of an actual Santa".

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
02-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #15

What? Theres NO Santa!!!!

Think I was about 14, coz I remembered my friend telling me. I never believed her though.
All though come to think of it, my pare...Santa use to leave me a big bag of toys and chocolate at the bottom of my bed and I remember waking up and seeing it wasn't Father Christmas!!! Never bothered me though as I soon forgot.
But I do believe in him now . Only today at work I was thinkin omg I might be living with my bf next year and on xmas morning there might not be any prezzies under the tree! I wont know what to do lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #16

I was about 9 or 10. But . . . . . . . I had two wee sisters aged one and six and I had to keep pretending for another 8 years - so I still got stockings and surprises etc.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
02-12-2008, 09:08 PM   #17

I think I was 11 or 12 ... someone at school told me (I refused to believe though )

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: black and white
03-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #18

I can't remember how old i was, being the eldest of 5 think it was kept quiet for a long time

My boys however aged 13 and 9, the youngest still believe's don't think he dare do any other.
But the eldest i had to tell him at age 11 when going to middle school and i cried it was the worst thing ive ever had to tell him.... and all he said was "you've lied to me for 11 years!" i felt awful, shattering the christmas spirit. bad mother

I think this will be the youngest last year as Matthew keeps saying things then laughs and say's only joking i could crown him! it's definatley not as much fun when they no longer believe

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #19

What do you mean?????????????????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
03-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj69
I can't remember how old i was, being the eldest of 5 think it was kept quiet for a long time

My boys however aged 13 and 9, the youngest still believe's don't think he dare do any other.
But the eldest i had to tell him at age 11 when going to middle school and i cried it was the worst thing ive ever had to tell him.... and all he said was "you've lied to me for 11 years!" i felt awful, shattering the christmas spirit. bad mother

I think this will be the youngest last year as Matthew keeps saying things then laughs and say's only joking i could crown him! it's definatley not as much fun when they no longer believe
Aww my cousin had to be told too at this age when she went to to seniors bless her. She used to give Santa the list of more expensive presents and the cheap ones to her mum to save her mum money!