Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #11

Re: Friday's Daily Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Black Friday
Please miss, please miss, please miss, I know! (Only because they mentioned it on the radio this morning and even my useless memory can manage that sort of time lag )

So, all through the year up to the day after Thanksgiving, the retailers work to pay their rent and rates, staff costs, pay their suppliers etc etc. Then, at the end of November, their takings match their outgoings for the year, so from that time they are 'in the black', as opposed to being 'in the red' - they are makiing their profit for the year. So, being in the black = Black Friday No miserable connatations, like Black Wednesday here, or being in a black mood etc etc.
How interesting DM, thanks, I was expecting something more sinister!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-11-2008, 05:55 PM   #12

Hi, all! Yes, DM's right about Black Friday. Some of the stores opened at 4am to lure shoppers with bargains; they were showing the jammed parking lots and long long queues of shoppers waiting to get in on this morning's TV. You couldn't pay me to get in that melee! Complete utter mob scene!
Just a usual day for me, to the market, just putzing around. It was supposed to be sunny and warmer today but isn't...well, suppose the sun is up there above the heavy cloud deck, and it;s only 4C.

Moli: glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and got to meet Walter. How did she get that name?
Angie: replied on your squirrel thread. Bah!
Alex: how do you wash a chook????

Hope all the poorly people and pusses improve; TGIF!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #13

Seemingly the Ex husband named her DM!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
29-11-2008, 02:29 AM   #14

'allo, all.
lazy day, it's raining and cold and would like to go out but scared of black friday madness so haven't decided yet.
actually heard on the news a walmart employee was trampled to death today as everyone was so excited to get to the sales..yikes!
must start xmas projects soon..having trouble getting to my chores and have just been playing online drinking coffee for motivation.
hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-11-2008, 03:05 AM   #15

Yeah Tink, saw that on the news too ... unbelievable!