Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-11-2008, 05:22 PM   #11

Re: Out of sorts

Glad Bernie's feeling better! Do you think he may have eaten something outside that upset his stomach?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #12

Yes, Merlin responded to roasted chicken! Spoilt boys, both of them. Glad Bernie's on the mend - they just like to worry us, to keep us on our toes, I'm sure that's what it is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Well my boy is on the mend, he's a quiet chap but he does love his food so it was a slight concern to see him ignoring feeding times.
Anyway went shopping this morning, came home and roasted a small chicken and Bernie went balistic, rubbing round my legs meowing his little fluffy head off. Seems he prefers his chicken roasted rather than boiled
With regards to runny tums etc, I was always told to starve them for 12 - 24 hours but my new vet doesnt recomend doing this at all, he says its not good for them so i dont do that any more, I just try to give them something bland instead.
Glad to hear he's perked up a bit now you've remembered how he likes his chicken cooked

My vet has said it is fine to do that for dogs but not good for cats. All these years I've made the poor wee souls miss two meals

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
16-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #14

Glad Bernie's on the mend! I can't say I blame him for holding out for the roasted chicken......it's soooooo much tastier than boiled chicken, clever puss!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
16-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #15

Get well soon Bernie x