Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
14-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #11

Re: Bad news for those frightened of spiders

Oh no - how can you 'keep' a few about. I am goose bumps just thinking about it.

As far as I am concerned they should all be exported!!

(yes, I know they do good, kill loads of other pests etc. but please not within 5 miles of me !!!!)

CM

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
14-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #12

Oh yes I remember the story of the woman who got a spider nest in our her bananas. It was a little egg nest that hatched lots of JUMPING spiders (not tarantuals, although I wouldn't say it hasn't happened). Loads of little spiders appeared in her house but then they got bigger and bigger. She eventually had to leave her house so they could get rid of them all, as there were too many for her to kill, and they were so big that they'd make the curtains shake when they ran behind them It was on BBC a few years ago if I remember.

I hate big spiders. Teeny ones are really cute and ickle, but big ones with knarly legs and chunky bodies make me uncontrollable scream. Thank goodness Darcy is a spider-hunter

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #13

Darcy can come and live here any time he wants a vacation. Any spider hunting cat is my best friend. Merlin takes absolutely no notice of them.

I get the good old common cross spiders in the greenhouse and they are fine in there and I will let them be. It's the big black ones whose names I don't know - I just yell until OH comes along with a glass and a beer mat and takes them outside for me. Would prefer not to kill them as I know they eat flies and I hate flies too.

Had an enormous grasshopper in the lounge the other night. Big green fellow. Not scared of them - where's the logic in that?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #14

I'm next on the waiting list for Darcy, please! Leia doesn't bother with anything smaller than mice!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #15

I could loan someone Oliver, flies, spiders anythingLike that has no chance with him, but he does not catch mice....!!!

Catsey Veteran

14-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #16

He and Leia would make a good team then, Moli! When will he be over?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
15-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #17

Darcy and Oliver, spider hunters extraordinaire!

All Darcy's asks in return is that, whenever he starts meowing loudly, you pick him up and hug him for at least 10 minutes still he starts to purr so much it sounds like he's snoring Sounds like fun, but as he's such a big fellow my arms do start to ache after a while!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
15-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #18

Rover's a fiend for the spiders and flies. <crunch><crunch><gulp> gone. I feel sorry for the former. I think he'd like to try mice. May he come on a seminar with Leia as well, DM? ^^

Catsey Veteran

15-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #19

Indeed, he'd be welcomed with open arms (by me, not sure about Leia!) But be warned, after the first few she gets bored and practices "catch and release"...so they are still alive somewhere in the house for her to re-catch!