Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #11

Re: Sick Persian

Michelle, this is the firm I have my pet insurance with here. It's not too expensive, and sure beats being faced with a large vet bill such as you have now. You might want to give it a look.

http://www.aspcapetinsurance.com/?utm_id=2000

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #12

Michelle, I hope Baby is feeling better Although the pocketbook is a little lighter, I'm sure you think he is worth all the greenbacks in the world Did you get any luck with insurance? ( hope I'm not being a nosy parker! )

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
18-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #13

Any news on Baby? I'm sorry I have no experience on these matters but wanted to send you some hugs and Baby lots of get well soon vibes and cuddles x

Cats owned: Persian
18-10-2008, 11:33 PM   #14

Hello all,

I am Michelle's husband, Michael. I have no choice but to send Michelle away for 2-3 to relax. Baby ( the cat is feeling better.
As I spent a lot of time reading about stones, I was able to ask the vet a little more educated questions.
After the urine test shows no crystals, the book says it should be a stone called oxalate which can't be dissolved with diet or medication. The urine PH is acid and that's an other sign for an oxalate stone.The surgery will be the only option in the end. The stone is moved my pushing the catherer inside the bladder and the passage unblocked but in male cates never eliminated by flushing the bladder.
The stone didn't show in the X-ray but there are reasons for that to happen too.The best choice is the ultra-sound but at this point it was not needed.
The advice in the books is to take the cat to surgery if it happens again for the second time.
So, Baby is eating, and urinating nosmally right now. A half kid's aspirine and antibiotics is what I still give him.
There is a thing to know and might help all of you in in this situation. The vet sometimes, give the cat an underskin shot to hidrate the body especially after severe track blockage. The shot has a side effect and the belly of the cat looks swollen. There is nothing to worry. It goes away in a day.
That is what happened with and it kind of freaked me out especially because beeing weekend the vet was not in the office. Once again, thanks to the book I have read, the information was there.
Thanks for support, and I or Michelle will keep you posted.
Michael