Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
01-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #11

Re: Leaving Indoor Cats Alone for One Night

I know, I know, I am just being silly. And of course unless I got a phone call from a neighbour saying the front door had been broken down from the inside and two large cats were running around the building there'd be no reason for me to think they weren't ok and therefore I could just leave them be.

Like I said, we've been out from 1pm - 2am before so they have had experience of a being alone for a wee while without us, and I'm sure they'll be fine! They're not destructive at all *touch wood* when it comes to carpets, furniture etc. apart from toward each other! I can tell if they've been play-fighting as there's large balls of cat-hair / fluff floating around the wooden floors

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
01-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #12

meep - please do not worry about this.

I have left various cats overnight in the past. Just left extra litter trays, plenty water and a supply of dried fod. Borrowed a timed feeder for the wet food but that was probably a bit overkill.

( I left one cat from 11am on the Saturday until 9pm on the Sunday, for a family wedding in Wales, But please don't tell anybody. Apart from being in a huff he still had food left and was absolutely fine.)

Go and enjoy your time together. The boys will be ok.

CM

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
02-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #13

Thanks CM, that's really reassuring I can imagine my two will be in a huff too but they'll get over it

I know when I was a kid, and we went on 5-day family holidays we used to leave our cats in the house (they had constant outdoor access to a very remote country-side with no roads or cars), and we had someone pop in to feed them once a day (put the food through the cat flap). They were always fine, a little confused when they saw us, as if to say "we were enjoying the house to ourselves!" But I've never left indoor-only cats alone which is why I was wondering.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #14

Actually I've never done that. Rarely I've been out and not home till 2 - 3 am, cats were fine. All the above advice sounds very reasonable to me; go and enjoy the "us time"!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
03-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #15

sometimes my dad stays away for the night and my cat is always fine, sometiems he does have a sneeky poop though if he can not wait, but his normally really good, dad leaves cat milk & food open for him, and he jsut sleeps to be honest!

have a great time!