Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
27-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #11

Re: I'm getting another rabbit tommorow

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...hlight=bonding

The above link is very helpful....
(Hope admin dont mind the link).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
27-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #12

Hi, not wanting to sund preachy , bit I wouldn't put them together until they have been neutered. There are over 30,000 rabbits in rescues and a female rabbit will become pregnant, if the male is in with her, as soon as she has the litter, litters can be as big as 10.
Neutering also removes a lot of health risks-80% of female rabbits get uterine cancer after the age of 4 - and there are lots of behavioural issues with unneutered rabbits. Males can be aggressive and spray urine, at you, and female can have false pregancies and can be even more aggressive.
Its really good you got Angel a friend though as rabbits are much happier with companionship.

Alexgirl73, age shouldn't be an issue if you would like to find your bun a friend, we have just bonded a 5 year old girl, who has been on her own all her life, with 2 other rabbits- they are all neutered though- and she has never been happier. The thing about bonding older rabbits is finding the right personality, and many rescues will arrange bonding and finding the right partner for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
27-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #13

Im checking them all them time they are sat next to each other at the moment. If they argue tonight i will split them up till i can get another hutch tomorrow. I have booked them in for there vac's next tuesday and will see then when i can get them both neutered/spayed(my eldest daughter call's it Minting). I have been on so many websites looking for rabbits and seen all of the unwanted ones and i dont think its right to breed from them either. Farthing your not preaching you are giving me sound advice.
Any advice or tips any one could give wether good or bad will be not taken in a bad way. Everybody needs advice sometimes.

jane