Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #11

Re: Dirty cages and half witted staff

Got a distressed call from one of my clients today. She had been into Acorn for some new toys for her cockateils and foolishly went to take a look at the animals in there.
She found 3 cockateils in a budgie cage, 2 sick with scaley beak, laboured breething etc, sitting on the bottom of the cage, eyes half shut and all puffed up. The other looking not so bad and on a perch. She spoke to one of the girls about the sick cockateils and was told that they were fine Then dim witted Julie, who thinks she knows it all aproached them quite aggressively and asked what their problem was My client was then told that the two sick birds had been put into the cage with the healthier one to keep it company Dim wit told my client that all staff members have to hold a special licence before being allowed to handle any of the animals She then grabbed hold of one of the sick birds and began peeling the scaling of the beak and feet off, the bird was screaming.
My client said she would buy the healthier one, dim wit grabbed the bird and almost broke its wing getting it out of the cage. The birds feet were encrusted in droppings and its feathers were sticky. Dim wit told my client that they fed them on baby food because of its nutritional value
My client was so upset at the state of the cages and the birds within, she rang me for the head office number. I have told her to also contact the SSPCA and the City Council Licensing board.
My client was smart enough to take pictures with her phone to back up her story.
I went to see the bird, who was clearly stressed but should settle given the right care and nutrition. It will be vet checked this week and is certainly over a year old and not 12 weeks as told by Dim Wit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #12

Horrendous! Thank God the client got the poor bird, and was clever enough to take photos. I cannot imagine the head office knowing about the deplorable conditions there and not taking action! ..Well, guess I can: money! It should be shut down by somebody: health department, licensing board, whoever should be responsible!!

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #13

I agree Eileen. I have written another letter to the Licencing board myself, I just hope that many others do too and they have their licence revoked.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #14

Thast is just disgusting.....I would like to meet Dimwit, put her right in her place, care for animals, huh! she has not got a b****y clue.....

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #15

Meet her? I'd love to punch her lights out!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Meet her? I'd love to punch her lights out!!!
Can I help??

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #17

Sure you can, she's much bigger than I am so i may need the help

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #18

Now now ladies violence gets you no where......

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Now now ladies violence gets you no where......
Ofcourse we know you are right but it makes my blood boil.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #20

Would your distressed client be at all interested in sending copies of her photographs (well done to that person) to your local press? This is disgusting and if the Powers in your area do not take action, then they are disgusting too.

Poor birds.