Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
31-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #11

Re: How do i get rid of fleas

I flea bombed the house last night I havent seen any as yet upstairs that was my main problem. I am taking all the cats to the vets early next week for the vets to deflea them as guinness is a bit big frontline wont work at all on him. Getting the vet nurse to treat them all so all it will is cost is the price of anything that i get. At the same time before we leave for the vets i am flea bombing the house just to make sure. All my friends thinks its from the previous cat that was in the house not ours. Let you no on how i get on.
ps the OH has actualy got bit and now believes me now
jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #12

Sorry not nice of me, but glad OH got bit! Proves your point....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #13

Second that Eileen. Wish one would bite MY OH!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Second that Eileen. Wish one would bite MY OH!
Funny how our body chemistry apparently affects what bites us! I never had one flea bite during my infestation; but to mosquitoes apparently I am very very delicious!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Funny how our body chemistry apparently affects what bites us! I never had one flea bite during my infestation; but to mosquitoes apparently I am very very delicious!
I haven't ever been bitten by a flea but I am the mosquitoes best friend I think!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 moggies!
03-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #16

so the vet sprayed both of them with frontline spray so hopefuly that should do it now! the house has been treated and so have they... twice! fingers crossed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #17

When I took Merlin to the vet on Thursday, he was prescribed steroids as the vet thought he had been over sensitised to the flea bites - he found flea dirt but no fleas. However TBH I'm not convinced he doesn't still have fleas on him. He is still jumping and scratching, although he does seem more relaxed about it!

I last Frontlined him on 19/08 and the vet said it was too early to do him again, probably taking into account his age and medical history etc. - would it be dangerous to re-apply the Frontline after 2 weeks. I have emailed Meril with the same question and will let you know if they get back to me.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: domestic
04-08-2008, 06:43 AM   #18

I use borax on the carpets. Sprinkle it all over the house and leave it for a couple days. It makes the fleas dehydrate (sp) and they die. I have always had good luck with that. Make sure to get it in the corners and around the bases. Then vacuum it up and that should do it. Let us know if it works. Good luck.