Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #11

Re: Hospital parking charges

Hope all goes well for her Smudgley xx

But as you say parking charges are attrocious. Mind you I've never heard of them benig that high. Telford and Royal Shrewsbury are £2 per day which is bad enough, but £10!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #12

Ours here in Reading are extremely high. I think it's about £12 for a day. Thankfully the only time I've stayed in was when having Sebastian and we were given something to display in the car which meant we were exempt from parking.

It's horrible when you're worried enough by your child being unwell to have to dig so deep into your pocket aswell.

Hope all goes well for Ashleigh.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #13

Hope all goes well for your daughter Smudgley.

Don't suppose there is any arrangement like the one Yola mentions above at the hospital you have to go to? I suppose that you will have asked!

It's certainly a complete rip off. I'd definitely write a letter of complaint to the PCT if I were you, and probably send a copy of it to your local newspaper - oh, and to your MP too. All on top of the stress of going into hospital with your daughter - it's inhuman.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #14

Sending my best wishes to your daughter too Smudgley.
Wales has abolished hospital car parking charges but at present I still have to pay in Cardiff as the contract runs out at the end of the year It's been about £ 2-4 each time I visit mam, we go down every day and it's getting costly. I hate the fact they are making money off the sick and worried; after all we're not going there for the pleasure of it !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #15

This is an issue that affects most of us for one reason or another at some time of our lives. Does anyone know HOW you can put a petition on the Number 10 website? I'd sign it - and from these comments, I suspect we all would.

Edited to say: Just checked on the Number 10 website - there doesn't seem to be an open petition about hospital car parking........ does anyone feel like writing a petition????

Edited again to say: Here's how it's done: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/steps

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #16

Smudgely ....hope all goes well but regarding the parking...ask at the ward, about the parking when you get in.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
16-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #17

when we lived in london we used to have to go to the royal free. the parking there was 4 and hour !!! highest in england. what OH used to do was drop me off. go and park at hampstead heath car park. alot cheaper. then meet me at the hosp.
but here in essex i either go up by bus, or if im up to it. bus one way and walk back (only if its dry)
but the cost of car parking is discusting.