Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
15-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #11

Re: Concerned about Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Good thinking Kay, especially as she is crf, she is of a higher risk of dehydration than a healthy cat.
Anything is worth a try in my opinion

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #12

Absolutely

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #13

Well? How is she today? Did you call the vet for advice? Is she eating/drinking? Is she "bunting" you more today?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
16-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Well? How is she today? Did you call the vet for advice? Is she eating/drinking? Is she "bunting" you more today?
She's back to bunting, no longer being nervy of me (she's still a little nervy of everyone else though - that's normal for her!) She's pigging herself with food, I've not seen her drinking (there again she uses the bird bath and I've not been in for most of this morning) so it could be that she's either gone to pinch her boyfriends water or drinking out of the bird bath when I'm not watching.

Going to find her in a minute.

I've not seen her panting at all today (it's been a bit cooler today) but I'll be checking on her in a few minutes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #15

Good news!

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #16

She has been drinking! I used a spoon and a cup and managed to get some water down her!

She then decided just to keep me happy she was going to drink out the bird bath.

It's great that!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
17-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #17

Glad to hear she's back to normal! I was a wee bit worried reading the post! To be honest, Minsky has been kind of the same over the past two days: very very quiet, reserved, in a different room from the rest of us, everytime i stroke him he turns his head away, and not moving around much. But last night he jumped up on the bed and fell asleep pressed up against me purring - my guess is Darcy had been picking on him or he was in a mood about something... He may even have had indigestion!

Like you I was considering calling the vet, but I do think cats can have 'off' days just like humans do. Maybe something scared her outside and made her unsettled?

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
Glad to hear she's back to normal! I was a wee bit worried reading the post! To be honest, Minsky has been kind of the same over the past two days: very very quiet, reserved, in a different room from the rest of us, everytime i stroke him he turns his head away, and not moving around much. But last night he jumped up on the bed and fell asleep pressed up against me purring - my guess is Darcy had been picking on him or he was in a mood about something... He may even have had indigestion!

Like you I was considering calling the vet, but I do think cats can have 'off' days just like humans do. Maybe something scared her outside and made her unsettled?

I'm not sure...

She was perfectly happy in her favourite spot of the garden!

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep

Cats can and will have off days but for a cat with an existing compromising condition, its always best not to take any chances.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
17-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Cats can and will have off days but for a cat with an existing compromising condition, its always best not to take any chances.

I agree Elaine, and I do admit I didn't take that wholly into account with what I posted. It does sound like Beauty is getting back to her old self again but there is no harm in a vet call at any stage - like I said, I was nearly about to call the Vet about Minsky myself as he was being off, and he has no exisiting medical condition at all. It is just always reassuring when they get back to their old selves