Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Exotic Short Hair
11-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #11

Re: Going Away For A Week, Advice Needed For Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenlouise
Hiya I have just come back off holiday for 2 weeks in Paxos while planning the holiday I had exactly the same dilemma as you.

The decsion I made was to get a cat sitter luckily a friend of mine who know my cats was more than happy to do this for me I did not pay her but I did buy her enough food for 2 weeks and left some money if she needed anything. She lived in the house as I would and did a brilliant job.

Although I did leave a 6 page document of how to look after the animals and on every door window and toilet seat I left a note saying keep shut cats about. I think she thought I was preety crazy when she arrived at the house.

Hope thats helps.

x
Hi Ellenlouise,

That is so nice that you had a nice friend who was willing to stay over and pet sit your darling. That would be ideal for me too, but unfortunately I do not have any friend in mind who would be willing to do that. I am trying to think really hard at the moment to find a friend who likes cats and doesnt mind pet sitting also looking to find some good pet sitters online. Will keep you posted. Thank you.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
11-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #12

Thats no problem. It was hard work finding Sarah as I have cats and rabbits it needs to be someone who will look after both. Also because my cats are house cats as well its more difficult. Luckily Sarah is always popping into my house so I felt comfortable with her. Have you tried a site called Gumtree.com it really good you can set it to your city and advertise what you want. Might be worth ago explain what you need and how much you would pay or not in my case just food and board and see who responds. Make sure you get good references though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
11-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #13

Good luck. Please let us know if you manage to find one. I'm really sorry you were upset by that remark. As I said It was in a different thread and how it ended up here I dont know.
I would never be so ignorant. I'm sorry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
11-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Hehe that's cause I'm blond and only had one cup of coffee . I honestly cant figure it out. You know me Smudgley I wouldn't answer someone like that
Yeah I know that Jac.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #15

Hi Keziah - you may want to look at your vet's practice. I know that mine has a noticeboard with details of pet sitters and catteries in the area too for that matter. I am sure that you realise that you should always ask for, and take up, any references that you are given.

Catsey Junior

12-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenlouise
Thats no problem. It was hard work finding Sarah as I have cats and rabbits it needs to be someone who will look after both. Also because my cats are house cats as well its more difficult. Luckily Sarah is always popping into my house so I felt comfortable with her. Have you tried a site called Gumtree.com it really good you can set it to your city and advertise what you want. Might be worth ago explain what you need and how much you would pay or not in my case just food and board and see who responds. Make sure you get good references though!
Thanks Ellenlouise, I will try out that site and see what I can find.

Catsey Junior

12-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Good luck. Please let us know if you manage to find one. I'm really sorry you were upset by that remark. As I said It was in a different thread and how it ended up here I dont know.
I would never be so ignorant. I'm sorry.
Sure I will let you know. That will be a big burden off my head once I find a suitable solution.

Catsey Junior

12-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Hi Keziah - you may want to look at your vet's practice. I know that mine has a noticeboard with details of pet sitters and catteries in the area too for that matter. I am sure that you realise that you should always ask for, and take up, any references that you are given.
Hi angieh,

I have to go the vet this month for Figo's annual vaccination, so I will surely check out their noticeboard to see what options are available. Will also ask the vet to see what he says. Yes ofcouse I would not go for a person unless I am completely sure that she is trustworthy and references are a must. Thanks for the advice angieh

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
12-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #19

Have a word with the receptionist at your Vets. She will be able to guide you in the right direction.

Catsey Junior

13-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #20

Thanks Jac, I shall ask her as well