Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #11

Re: Urgent help/advice required !

Could you maybe, try another vet in your area to see if they have any in stock and would let you have some?

Cats owned: moggy
13-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #12

Hi again

The good news is I have sourced a months supply from another vet. So that buys us some time.

Thanks you for all your help and support. It is very much appreciated.

Gx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-06-2008, 05:23 PM   #13

Pleased to be reading that! Are you able to source from an overseas website maybe and get them shipped if you suspect you could run out again?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #14

What a huge relief that must be to you! I hope you have enough tablets to see Gizmo through until the factory gets back into operation..

Wishing you and Gizmo all the best..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #15

Thanks for letting us know you've found at least a stop gap. Maybe the manufacturers will switch production to another site.........

14-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Pleased to be reading that! Are you able to source from an overseas website maybe and get them shipped if you suspect you could run out again?
Hi again guys,

Well I have now sourced a further supply of 50. So now I have 80 and am reasonably sure they will be back in production in July. The problem before was they couldn't say when in July and Gizmo only had a weeks tablets left - hence the panic.

I did think about trying to get them shipped in from overseas but wasn't sure about customs with them just coming to me rather than a vets practice.

The thing is my vet assured me he had rung all the local vets/ veterinary hospitals and even the NHS county hospital. I rang the first local the veterinary hospital and vets in the Yellow pages, and sure enough, they not only have Myotonine but haven't even heard of the shortage !!

This would suggest that my vet really didn't try too hard. In fact we even discussed if he would need to be catheterized or have his bladder expressed in future - all of which is very traumatic for Giz and costs lots.

Maybe I am a little niave but I like to think that vets are primarily in it for the love of animals and will therefore go the extra mile.

Maybe I am being cynical, but it makes you wonder.

Gx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #17

That all sounds a little odd doesnt it? I think I'd be inclined to quiz the vet on this and possibly even change vets. I dont think I'd want to be involved with a vet that has lied to me about something like that, especially as the cats life may have been at risk.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #18

Yeah, I agree with Elaine. It sounds like your vet has spun you a line on this. I'd change your vet ASAP.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #19

I was off Catsey looking for a supplier: found this Canadian pharmacy and was wondering if your vet could contact them for a supply. However, it seems as if you're OK now, thank goodness. but you might want to check this link for future reference.....

http://www.pharmawebglobal.com/drugs/Myotonine

Oh, and I agree that I'd look for another vet......

15-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #20

Hi

Thanks for links and replies. Not sure whether he has lied to me but it certainly looks that way.

Consequently, Gizmo and his three other brothers are now moving to another vets. So one way or another my vet has potentially lost a lot of business !

Gx