Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #11

Re: Great new cat litter - Cats Best OkoPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
That's a shame Eileen, it's good as I can flush the poos and clumps down the loo. I get it from the pet food warehouse.
http://petfoodwarehouse.co.uk/

I found putting a wee mat near the litter box helps with the tracking.

I've been using it since I got Kiara and she's 3!
I use the regular supermarket clay litter, and with an old car mat in front of the box I have very little tracking ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
02-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I use the regular supermarket clay litter, and with an old car mat in front of the box I have very little tracking ......
I have an old doormat near the boxes! I was sick of it getting everywhere, in their water bowls and everything, there is still some tracking as you can expect from 5 cats in and out of them all the time but it has help a lot.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
I have an old doormat near the boxes! I was sick of it getting everywhere, in their water bowls and everything, there is still some tracking as you can expect from 5 cats in and out of them all the time but it has help a lot.
My problem isn't really so much tracking as it is enthusiastic digging/burying! Sometimes I think Leia is trying to get to China! Maybe she wants to be there for the Olympics?

Unlike Dandy, whose idea of covering up was a vague scrape in the general direction of the deposit and a hop out of the box! It used to annoy Misty no end,,,,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #14

I've been using Bio Catolet now for Merlin for a few months and have found it very good, apart really from the tracking as mentioned above. The litter tray is in the utility room and I have a doormat by the door but it still gets all over the place! Guess he just doesn't wipe his feet!!!

The best thing I have found about Bio Catolet apart from it being biodegradable is that it is very easy just to empty out into a bag for disposal. No more need to scrape the litter tray out that I used to get with the clay based varieties.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
02-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
My problem isn't really so much tracking as it is enthusiastic digging/burying! Sometimes I think Leia is trying to get to China! Maybe she wants to be there for the Olympics?

Unlike Dandy, whose idea of covering up was a vague scrape in the general direction of the deposit and a hop out of the box! It used to annoy Misty no end,,,,
Oh a few of mine are like that too so know the feeling, Anakin is terrible, he really goes for it! I tried a litter tray with a door but they wouldn't entertain it!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
11-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #16

I'm tempted by this as my two indoor only cats are going through litter like crazy.

I thought I read that you should avoid the clumping ones, especially with young cats, as if they eat a bit it can cause a blockage - can anyone advise about this?

Thanks,