Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #11

Re: Dear old Suzy

From Liz and Moli's comments above, there does seem to be some hope of at least getting Suzy more comfortable Elaine. Let's hope so.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
16-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #12

Have they tried any supplements (glucosamine/chondroitin) in something like cosequin or seraquin? Might help, in conjunction with the NSAIDS.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Have they tried any supplements (glucosamine/chondroitin) in something like cosequin or seraquin? Might help, in conjunction with the NSAIDS.
I did speak to the owner and the vet about that a while ago. The vet said to give her pedigree joint care . I also spoke about changing her food to a senoir food containing condoitin and glucosamine, vet didnt seem to say much about that and owner hasnt changed her food.
Was talking with him a little this morning as it suddenly dawned on me that the owner has a new g/f. She lives in town. So I suggested that if she lives in a flat, which is highly likely, that the stairs would be making her worse.

Catsey Veteran

16-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #14

The vet suggested Joint care!!!! That scares me! Hope they can find a way to make her more comfortable.

Catsey Veteran

16-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
The vet suggested Joint care!!!! That scares me! Hope they can find a way to make her more comfortable.
Yes i wasnt overly impressed with that either but she's not my dog or vet so didnt feel like I could argue the point really.

Catsey Veteran

16-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Yes i wasnt overly impressed with that either but she's not my dog or vet so didnt feel like I could argue the point really.
I totally understand! Suprised I still have a tongue, the number of times I have to bite it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #17

Mollie has been on Cosequin for the past 5 years, and have to say it really helps her, she is now also on Prendo Leucotrop, she can have 2 a day, but I find 1 is enough....

Catsey Veteran

05-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #18

Suzy has finally been put on Seraquin and is definately feeling the benefits from it. Sadly she has two melanomas on the insides of her cheeks which we have to keep an eye on. She was in very good spirits today and really enjoyed a good romp around the feild, followed by a bath and a good groom.
Will get some piccies of her next week

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #19

Brilliant to hear she has at last been piut on medication.....you should see a difference in her now....

Catsey Veteran

24-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #20

There is a huge difference in SuzyQ, she is doing very well and is much more active.
However, I am a little worried. She has two melanomas on the insides of her cheeks which we have to keep an eye on but this morning I think I have found another on the bridge of her nose