Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-05-2008, 06:05 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread- Wednesday

Feel able to relax a bit now, I've had a couple of fairly stress-filled days conducting French Oral exams with my year 11 pupils. It went exactly the same way as every previous year - those who'd put the time in and prepared well were able to do all the tasks. Every year however there are some who simply resist all encouragement, make little effort and are then surprised to discover how tricky the exam is.

It is surprisingly very stressful for the teachers as well, as we are conducting recorded conversations all day for a couple of days. We have to make sure that we ask the right sort of questions to enable the pupils to show themselves at their best, and we have to concentrate on what they say in order to respond positively and develop the conversation with them. It's much more stressful for them of course, they're only 16 and we do it every year so we've had lots of practice, but if their pronunciation is poor it can be very difficult to follow what they're saying.

Things went quite well for my class. A couple of them were very nervous and had the shakes, but none of them burst into tears thankfully.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #12

I admire you for what you do MrsH, it must be so difficult and stressful for a teacher these days.

I think you deserve that well earned rest this year!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #13

Thanks Mags, nice to be appreciated! I forgot to say that this year was especially poignant for me as I retire at the end of July, so this was my last oral exam ever! Hurrah!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #14

Retirement........some chance Mags will have you on here 24/7

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Retirement........some chance Mags will have you on here 24/7
MrsH will have a hard job trying to escape us Kazz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
07-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #16

I hope your ankle is better soon Yola.

Not been up to much today, work and then home, did my exercise DVD, didn't go to the gym today as I did quite a bit yesterday when I was there.