Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
28-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #11

Re: saw my kitten again

I would want to know what was wrong with the other kitten first. It may be something that your kitten could be carrying at the moment which could develop at a later stage. I find it odd that if everything is alright with your kitten why the breeder has to wait to vaccinate him. I can understand why your parents are wanting you to look round for another kitten. I realise how much you want this baby but there is the possibility that he could become sickly. If he is old style siamese but looks skinny then there could be underlying problems. Eileen is quite right the old style Siamese are MUCH stockier. Please think very hard about this and get some proper information from the breeder as to what is wrong with the other kitten.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 siamese (RIP)1 black cat &1 tabby
28-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #12

thr breeder doesn't know whats wrong with the other kitten shes had tests done by the vet

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbblondie
thr breeder doesn't know whats wrong with the other kitten shes had tests done by the vet
Then I would be even more concerned. There are diseases that are very hard to diagnose the main one being FIP, which is almost always fatal. I don't mean to scare you.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 siamese (RIP)1 black cat &1 tabby
28-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #14

ur not scaring me what is fip?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbblondie
ur not scaring me what is fip?
FIP = Feline Infectious Peritonitis, a nasty viral disease. This link will tell you what it is......http://www.peteducation.com/article....&articleid=212

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #16

FIP is Feline Infectious Peritonitis. Cats kept in a multi cat household will have a titre reading for the Coronavirus. The Coronavirus in itself is fine but in some cats/kittens it mutates into FIP which is nearly always fatal. It is not exactly known what makes the Coronavirus mutate in some and not others but it is believed the main reason is stress. This can be for anything such as weaning, vaccines, new home anything that could be stressful. It is extremely difficult to diagnose and can usually only be confirmed after death via a post mortem. There are two types wet FIP and dry FIP.

This link probably explains it better than I can
http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/fip.html

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-04-2008, 08:19 AM   #17

Old style Siamese are stockier and heavier than the modern type Siamese. At about 9 weeks old, I would be wanting one of my kittens to be around a kilo in weight.

I would think very carefully about getting this kitten unless you get an answer r.e what is wrong with the other kitten and it's nothing that could affect your kitten. Good luck!