Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #11

Re: How do you dispose of your cat's poo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Splash a bit of mustrad sauce ontop and tell him I burnt the bangers
Elaine!!! Words fail me! Poor Graham??!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Elaine!!! Words fail me! Poor Graham??!!
He's ex forces people, he's eaten worse, I assure you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #13

Oh Elaine, you are soooo funny!

I don't flush because the litter ( I use clay) adheres to the, erm, deposit, and I'm afraid that over the years it might clog up the toilet......I think I read that many years ago, it may not be true, but I don't flush just in case.....

When I catsat for Carolyn she had me use plastic bags also rather than flushing .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Ah now Fran, you're the sort of person that I am thinking about - would you consider using biodegradable sacks? I guess that price would be a consideration though?
Yes, I'd consider using biodegradable. I do have quite a few litter tray changes per week here though, so yes, cost has to be a consideration.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #15

Well I have industrial-sized supplies of nappy sacks because I have a prolific nappy-user in Sebastian! I'm very guilty inasmuch as use disposable nappies and (at the moment) non-biodegradable sacks for both baby and cats.

I DID use the eco ones early on with Dominik but they are so very much more expensive and they were so weak they hardly held a nappy let alone a full bag of clay litter.

I too am nervous about flushing clay litter due to it's expanding properties - and I'm nervous about changing the litter to a flushable one as I've got enough problems with them parking their bums all over the house without giving them added reason

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Well I have industrial-sized supplies of nappy sacks because I have a prolific nappy-user in Sebastian! I'm very guilty inasmuch as use disposable nappies and (at the moment) non-biodegradable sacks for both baby and cats.

I DID use the eco ones early on with Dominik but they are so very much more expensive and they were so weak they hardly held a nappy let alone a full bag of clay litter.

I too am nervous about flushing clay litter due to it's expanding properties - and I'm nervous about changing the litter to a flushable one as I've got enough problems with them parking their bums all over the house without giving them added reason
Thanks for that Yola. I knew they were more expensive from my investigations, but of course, you can't know how good they are without trying them. I think they are made out of some sort of starch, so can't be that strong but if they're not "fit for purpose".... Well - that's that good idea out the window!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Maine Coon
04-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #17

I use a clean green dog loo, you put it in the ground in the garden fill it with bioactivator it digests waste naturally in the ground no need for all the bags.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenng
I use a clean green dog loo, you put it in the ground in the garden fill it with bioactivator it digests waste naturally in the ground no need for all the bags.
I used one of these with my dog, but the stink is horrendous when you take that lid off!!! Worked well I must admit, but dont think it would work with cat poo as it has the litter stuck to it, so would clog up the drainage holes!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #19

You can get compostable bin bags from Sainsburys now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
04-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #20

I flush the poo (and wee clumps) when I scoop it out and when I do a full clean out every other day I bin it all in a black bin bag. I use cat's best which is flushable but I use too much litter to flush it all. I actually used to use biodegradable bags for the dog poo when I had just the one dog but now I have 3 and it costs what? £8-9 for 100 bags compared to £1 for 100 normal bags on a roll and even cheaper for nappy sacks, even at maybe double the price of normal bags i'd consider it but not at 10x the price unfortunately as I do go through a lot of them.