Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #11

Re: having a water meter fitted 2morow

My water rates are for 3 bed bungalow on West Sussex/Hampshire border:

Water £101.48
Wastewater, Surface water and highway drainage £291.02
Year total = £392.50

Monthly £32.71 - unlimited water as Kazz above. The highway drainage is a laugh as we live up an unadopted bridle path with no drainage apart from any water just running down it - in heavy rain it's like a stream!

You do have to have a metered flow if you want to use sprinklers or an unattended hose in your garden.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-04-2008, 02:01 AM   #12

Wow! Angie, Karen, very very interesting! So completely different from the way things are here. When I refer to my water bill, it does include the sewage charges also, usually just referred to as the water bill. I'm very careful with usage to hold costs down, but they do go up in the Summer when the garden needs watering and I shower more because of the heat..... next bill I get I'll make a note of how much it is per cubic foot so I can tell you all if you're interested ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
02-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #13

our water rates with south staffs water are
£367.63 for year March 08/ March 09.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #14

Do you think seeing what we have yours is better Eileen.

I often wonder since meeting you if we are as similar as we appear on the surface.

May start a thread on that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #15

It can be a small culture shock, Kazz. When you grow up in an environment where everyone has a water meter and pays just for their own usage it does come as quite a surprise to learn that there is another system completely different, and that seems perfectly normal to those who grew up with and are accustomed to it!

It's not the sort of thing you would normally think about, and as you can tell I was really amazed...perhaps not being a traveler I am more provincial than I think....

Another of the things I love about Catsey...how we learn from one another....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #16

at the moment im paying 20 quid a month for water. and 29 quid a monthy for *dirty*water. theres 2 of us and we are in a 1 bd bungalow. i dont use my washer every day, every 3 days normally. and we are paying the same as the ppl around the corner who have 4 kids, plus adults.
when i lived in london my water rates (by meter) was 19 a month then went down to 17 a month.
so im hoping the meter will bring down the bills.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-04-2008, 10:39 PM   #17

That does seem an awful lot BM! You should notice a big difference I would hope!

Oh Eileen - I do have two big rainwater butts in my garden which I use for watering outside, but when it's very dry they do get used up PDQ and of course if it's dry there is no refill!