Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
30-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #11

Re: almost went to a cpl re-homing today

my daughters baby had his bits removed last thursday. she says hes walking funny now. like hes lost his horse
i must get her to send me some pics of him, hes so lovely looking. better still ill get her to join catsey. oh crikey id have to behave myself then LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-03-2008, 07:59 PM   #12

Not sure if this is true - a friend of mine went to get 2 new kittens last autumn, she chose brothers, a black and a b&w. The cp rescue she got them from said that black cats/kittens were always the last to go. Has anyone else heard that?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Not sure if this is true - a friend of mine went to get 2 new kittens last autumn, she chose brothers, a black and a b&w. The cp rescue she got them from said that black cats/kittens were always the last to go. Has anyone else heard that?
oh yes! The black/b&w cats are the most difficult to rehome, people want the 'pretty' colours It was s o bad in our CP at the beginning of Dec, all we had was those colouors (over 20 kittens) that we had to put an article in the paper to rehome them. I don't understand it tbh, I would always want a B&W in my life

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
30-03-2008, 08:11 PM   #14

There was an article printed a while ago that said b&w cats are mischevious and not as loving I wonder if that is why people don't want them???? (I know it's not true but may account for some people who haven't woned cats)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
30-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Yes, very true I'm afraid. Although I would say the B & W are slightly easier to rehome, all black kittens / cats are very difficult to home.

I have 2 jet black pregnant females here now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #16

I have never understood that ....black cats are gorgeous and the ones I've known were sweet tempered and not mischievious. Onyx was a little love when she got over being afraid of people. Do you suppose it's some subconcious thing...association with witchcraft.....??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #17

I always thought black cats were meant to be lucky! Poor things - I think they're gorgeous and I am particularly fond of B&W cats too (also tabbies - but that's another matter!) Oh and ginger cats as well. I suppose I could have one of each?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
31-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #18

Since getting my Alfie I adore black cats. He is purfect.

I am one of those sad individuals that wants to "find" an abandoned kitten (not being awful about grown cats but can't imagine them fitting in with my two, three if you count the dog) so that I can justify having another

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
31-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #19

as u all know im biased i love black cats, LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I have never understood that ....black cats are gorgeous and the ones I've known were sweet tempered and not mischievious. Onyx was a little love when she got over being afraid of people. Do you suppose it's some subconcious thing...association with witchcraft.....??
You could be right there Eileen I imagine that the link with
Black and Evil/bad is built in.... I mean the baddies wore black hats Star Wars....said "the dark side" However I think they are creatures of mystery and fear for hundreds of years. Maybe thats why they are less likely to be chosen first. Sad.
However in the UK Black cats are considered very lucky.....especialy if they cross your path. I believe in the USA and Canada black cats are unlucky and white cats bringers of good luck is that true Dm?

I was also told one that black cats are infact often born with ghostly tabby markings on their bodies. Because the black cat is basicaly a double tabby. Where a tabby has black stripes on a grey background, a black cat has black stripes on a black background!